New design pin badges

Love it.

My wife used to swear by her Allegro, her first car, that her Mom had the temerity to sell to her. She should have paid my missus to take it off her hands!

Me, I just swore at it.

The Rangers affilliation is nonsense. So 1970s. Bore off.

2 Likes

The day Rangers fans start selling a half and half badge with Walsall FC on it I will buy one.

2 Likes

I also had an Allegro (UJ, so also registered originally in Salop) and it was a really nice, comfortable car to drive. But the reliability…oh, dear. :grimacing:

1 Like

Again, what’s that got to do with Walsall? Rangers couldn’t give a F about us. Why do Walsall fans care? I have NEVER heard of a Rangers connection.

Comes across a bit beggy to me

1 Like

They old-timers used to sing that ‘No Surrender’ song, especially away from home. Weird.

To be fair to her Allegro, it never failed her. It had always been well-maintained, and as you say it was very comfortable.
I recollect spending many, seemingly endless, hours removing rust, priming it and painting it over.

2 Likes

Willie Penman went from Rangers to Swindon before moving to Walsall I doubt whether that’s a sufficiently strong connection to explain why Walsall fans should sing that nonsense.

1 Like

That old sectarian nonsense used to get on my tits in the 80s whenever i went to matches. I couldnt see the point then and dont really agree with such badges being flogged now. Each to their own i suppose.

I wonder if the club would agree to have their brand linked with this stuff?

4 Likes

I don’t agree with these badges either or singing the songs.but that’s just my opinion.

I must admit when I first started coming to Walsall games in the early 90’s as a kid I really didn’t understand why Walsall fans were singing about the pope.

Wasn’t till I got older that I realised what it was all about. Glad you don’t hear it at home any more

4 Likes

“Everyone welcome at The Railway!” (Unless your Catholic).

1 Like

Standing at the bar. With a Celtic fan right now.
So. yes as you say. All welcome

3 Likes

In the 80’s I met a few Walsall fans up in Glasgow. There was a Rangers supporters club in Walsall called “aye Loyal”. I always said to my Rangers mates it should have been “arr Loyal”.

Anyway. It is very 70’s and 80’s stuff. There was a virtual civil war in our country and English people in general are completely ignorant as to what was going on and why but I get why people of my age might still hark back. No excuse for the sectarian shit though.

I just get really annoyed at lads in their 20’s and 30’s and under who have no clue. In fact they have minus clue. Bigotry for bigotry’s sake. Same as people my age suggesting they know what my grandads fought for and against in WW2:

Ignorance and bigotry tend to be the happiest of bedfellows.

I find it rather sad that whilst I’ve seen loads of nation’s flags at Walsall games, I’ve never seen an Irish tricolour. You think of all the great Irish players who have played for us. From Kearns, Macken and Dennehy through Kelly, Kinsella to today’s players like Mecentee.

I hope that our partnership with Drogheda means we can celebrate our heritage of players from the whole Island of Ireland.

15 Likes

I think it’s both sad and concerning that this kind of sectarian rubbish is linked to the Saddlers. There is no place for this kind of divisive narrative. The Rangers link just seems to be a smokescreen and I don’t think the sensible majority will be deceived. In all my years of supporting the club and the group of fans I associate with no one has ever declared they follow them.
Is this the same supporters group that produced a ‘No Surrender’ remembrance badge a while back I wonder?

11 Likes

I agree. I was taken aback when I saw that badge.I have never understood this sort of stuff and some of the songs which were sung. Time to move on in my view and simply support the saddlers.

7 Likes

My Mom had a Viva HA which was supposedly registered in Wolverhampton that ended in GUK

Wolverhampton had 3 different registrations

DA, JW, & UK.

I agree with the crown, the hand of ulster and the rangers logo it couldn’t be more obvious that thus is a protestant, unionist badge. The only thing missing maybe is a mock orange sache.

The question is whether people buying this actually know anything about that or they just think that it looks good?

I doubt very much that dh has intended to harm / offend anyone.

Not sure about a dinosaur, one of the most genuine blokes I have ever met.

Have you taken over UTS now? I’m fairly sure ISSA has permission to post items on UTS, but if you are now in charge it may not still apply.

6 Likes