New DoF - Jamie Fullarton

It looks promising at least. Time will verify later, if it was good or bad. I was thinking what would be a good age for this position and mid 40 would be ideal. It should be a good mix of experience, education but still young enough to be hungry and not noticing working overtime. It sounds like academy or youth development will be a priority too and that’s very important. All the best.

2 Likes

Looks like an excellent appointment, well done Walsall FC

2 Likes

I also think it’s a good time forhim to come in. Now we’re more or less safe, there’s not the need to be making interventions on the playing side, and he can spend these last few matches assessing and evaluating what he’s got, without any pressure to act.

2 Likes

Hopefully it is him that decides Briab’s future.

Everything in the job description and what Pomlett’s said points to it.

1 Like

this doesn’t make for good reading

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/topic/25152-fullartons-back/

2 Likes

Next to no chance of an unknown kid from Spain getting a work permit to come and play with us. Those days have gone.

2 Likes

Welcome Jamie, good appointment and his mum Fiona is over the moon.

2 Likes

Agree with your summary. Good appointment on paper and ticks quite a few boxes. The last thing we needed was an ex Saddler looking to make good as a first try as DOF or the likes of Holloway with his Me Me Media approach to becoming more famous.
Easy to cherry pick names of course but when I hear a link to Eze it feels comfortable as a thought going forward. Eze is a role model that Romaine S. should look at and try to emulate in hard work and application linked to a skill base.
Let’s hope that it galvanises the younger talent in the Club and very very importantly persuades Rory Holden to sign a longer Contract with us.
Feels good today to be looking forward with more confidence after a very draining season of failures until very recently. Let’s hope the squad performs tonight built on the back of a very good performance against FGR.

Seems decent on paper.

I will judge him on whether or not we get a pre-season tour in Spain.

3 Likes

WM have their finger on the pulse as usual, I see. No mention in the sport bulletin. This is more significant to me than a managerial appointment.

1 Like

Seeing the announcement on twitter my first thought was who on earth is this guy looks like we have gone for the cheap option. But having done some research I’m pretty impressed with his cv and background.

I think he will bring alot to the table with youth being the main focus by the looks of it.

One thing that does worry me in the job description it says he will mentor the head coach I feel this may be one of his weak points.

Doesn’t concern me much as he isn’t here as manager.

Interesting appointment.
Not a name many of us would have heard but seems on paper to have had a significant positive influence at a number of clubs.
His ability as a manager doesn’t really come into play as I know many fans disliked him in that role.
Let’s hope he is as good as his cv! Good times

Initially unexcited but didn’t enjoy reading this. Hope he’s better as a dof than they thought he was as manager.

2 Likes

He defo sounds more of a back room guy than a field guy. Still believe Dutton will need management experience on the sideline as an assistant or atleast a striking / technical player coach
This new DoF doesn’t look like he will be helping improve Dutton much but I could be wrong

My only concern really is his managerial record. Fine, he isn’t the manager but he’s working alongside a very inexperienced manager, now the man in his ear lending advice has that managerial experience…

Whilst it could be a master stroke with the Palace experience, the lack of experience in and around the dugout could be a disaster.

1 Like

Listening to his initial interview, I’m even more impressed. It will be great to have someone on the football side who can actually talk in meaningful sentences and pronounce words correctly (albeit in a Scottish accent!).

However, what was clear from the interview is that Dutton is here to stay.

1 Like

Very Walsall like appointment good luck to him.

Reading the comments it looks like a popular appointment from people on here who know way more than I do so I’m happy with that.