New DoF - Jamie Fullarton

A good apppintment on paper. Let’s see what he can now do over the summer and coming months. I think he is certainly the right age, has a good past experience, and more importantly hopefully a knowledge of good young prospects to try and entice here. Welcome Jamie.

A pre-season in Scotland would be a start!

Not a bad appointment with his background youth set up in spain box ticked , Bit of scouting at Crystal Palace box ticked, he’s managed a couple of clubs even though he didn’t do well at that box ticked.
So he’s covered a lot of bases there I had a feeling from what Pomeltt said yesterday in the e&s it would be someone who has done bits and bobs more so than a out and out director of football background

3 Likes

No chance Sturgeon will allow us English scum in by the summer.

Social media is predictably depressing.

I find it absolutely astonishing that grown adults still have the reaction of “Who? Neva (sic) heard of him MegaLOLZ emoji, emoji” in 2021, to footballers and coaches (winds me up in music circles too).

7 Likes

only get a bit of the video then it cuts out… would like to hear whole interview

Worked fine for me sounds like a decent bloke has his ideas has his networks fingers crossed this will move us forward as a football club

1 Like

Welcome to the lad and good luck first of all
But being honest he has to win me over, over to you JF :+1:

Mine did that but I pressed play again and it worked.

Scotsman, won’t be on much then!
I’ll reserve judgment until he’s been in the job for a few months and who he brings in during the summer.

It was always going to happen unless we appointed someone “known” generally in football or someone ex-Walsall.

The amount of times names like Holloway, Kelly, O’Connor, Shakespeare, Viveash etc are thrown around they’ll never be happy with someone they’ve personally never heard of.

At the end of the day we need to employ someone with the skills for the job not just because they’re a “name” or ex-Saddler.

Fullarton looks to be that guy on paper so let’s give him a fair crack of the whip and see what he brings to the table over the next 18-24 months.

4 Likes

Good CV. Hopefully takes us forward. Welcome :crossed_fingers::+1:t2:

1 Like

Interesting. Beat of luck to him.

Yep that’s the most exciting thing for me.

Seems according to his wiki plenty have gone through it and got back in the pro game? So could potentially be a very decent link to bring in young lads each pre season.

Club got to start thinking outside the box a bit more with recruitment given it largely hasn’t worked in last three years so this could have exciting potential to rival the early 2000s.

Intriguing appointment, let’s see how the summer goes but don’t mind this one.

Yes pleased with this guy

These are usually folk that love being crap because they can spout their vitriol.

Sad mongs.

3 Likes

Some of ‘us English scum’ are already up here! I’d love a pre-season tour around some of the Highland League teams.

3 Likes

Fort William, Clach and Nairn would suit me nicely. Add in Lossie for a day out.

1 Like

Not really impressed by this talking to Halifax and Notts county fans they hate the bloke i hope they are just bitter and this is not a cheapo appointment but on the face of it thats how it looks we shall see.Like I said a very Walsall like appointment it’ll either be great or a disaster I’m not sure a failed non league manager advising a raw football league manager is a great combination.

2 Likes