New Floodlights

The new floodlights are impressive. So much brighter and sharp. Maybe didn’t realise how poor the older ones were. Makes a real difference.

5 Likes

Quoted on the floodlights years ago, they were literally failing terribly! Unfortunately ours could not meet the EFL standards but pleasing to see it’s finally been done!

3 Likes

Me too. They were awful

Are they LED?

I think so … as bright as day when they’re on. Like being at a premier league game

1 Like

Wow! Didn’t realise new floodlights could improve the players that much. :grinning:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes

They’ll really give us a great view of all the goals we’re not scoring :rofl:

2 Likes

I preferred the old ones when I couldn’t see what was happening on the pitch.

7 Likes

Is it possible we have been playing entertaining attractive football for the past few seasons but were unable to see it?

5 Likes

I understood that one of the problems was not only brightness but the positioning of the lights - players complaining that they were too low and in their eye-line. I had thought that the upgrade necessitated new modern pylons / posts in each corner of the ground.

No!!

2 Likes

Possible I suppose…but I doubt it!

1 Like

Will the owl be nesting in one of the pylons?!!

He’d be safer nesting in the nets of the goal we’re attacking, one of flashes shots could easily take out a nest on the pylons.

4 Likes

Those floodlights assisted with the demolition of Stoke in the play offs. Happy days.

4 Likes

Was definitely an issue. Remember a players relative telling me a couple of years ago, they struggled to see the ball in the air during night games because the light was too bright in their eye line.

1 Like

Great memories

1 Like

So if the old lights have just been replaced and the pylons haven’t been extended or moved, then the problem of bright lights in their eye line is going to be even worse. Great planning as usual.

1 Like