New footage on Youtube

Jheez I’d forgotten Harpers goal was a beauty

1 Like

Fantastic to see again!! I’ve got goosebumps just watching and remembering the ecstasy when big Trev put that one in…

Got emotional watching that. I was so young then. Yet remember that day and those goals as vivid in my mind as if it happened ten minutes ago from watching that video.

Went to nearly every game that season. Incredible.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this.

I think there were 3,500 of us there. 1k more than the figure he gave. What a day that was.

I think there was more than that mate. I thought that end held 5k but someone said on here it holds 5 and a half. There were some empty seats but not that many.

1 Like

Its fascinating footage to me, as i wasnt at Notts, but i was in Swindon.#

Excellent :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin:

You might not be saying that when you watch this! :rofl:

The whole game footage of surely one of our all time lows, 2 up after 3 minutes against bottom of the league Halifax who played half the game with an outfield player in goal, the week after selling Stuart Rimmer…what could possibly go wrong??

Hilarious subtitles, and errrr “The Shay” 1991 wow!

2 Likes

Where was that played on a farm :joy:

yes Lower farm :joy: :wink:

Was there. God we were bad. They were bad too. It was all bad. One of those games you wear as a badge of honour when 15,000 jump on for a United away or a play off final.

5 Likes

You must have been stood right by me (Fish replied 8 months later!). You were right, the ball had gone out of play when he caught it, but the ref gave him a second booking.

As I recall, the ref had had a bit if a set too with Rees as he came on (as sub?) - and he might have been booked immediately. And he seemed to take a dislike to Mark from then on. The sending off was hardly a surprise when it came.

1 Like

An awful, awful evening.
The most memorable part of it, from my recollection, was Belgian Saddler repeatedly attempting to have a frank exchange of views with Barrie Blower.

1 Like

Had a look to check in the programmes I was discarding and it was there. Looked in vain to try and spot myself jumping up and down when we scored. Think I felt more depressed after the xmas eve cup defeat though.

Willy Norton - was he any good?

3 Likes

The spellchecker on a prototype zx-Spectrum at the Shay wasn’t working properly.

I know, that’s what Mike Cecery said.

3 Likes

I’ve always cited it as THE low point as an attending fan personally. Had we been allowed in under Dutton it might have been surpassed. I had some negative stuff going on in my life at that time not least of which was having my right hand completely obliterated following an accident with a pan of boiling hot cooking oil a week or two earlier. At the time of that game I was wearing a bag on my hand which was slung under my clothes that filled with body fluid from the damage and had to be emptied and replaced about twice a day, which was great on an away trip :rofl:. A couple of games later some family member or friend or other talked me out of attending, and my run of circa 8 years without missing ended. I was so grateful to get my injury sorted months later I missed the start of the following football season in favour of playing cricket as at the time of my injury I thought I’d never play again!

I’ll never forget that Halifax game, a true benchmark of misery which even incorporated the flicker of extinguished hope that pure, proper misery needs by definition.

4 Likes

Jesus, this has blanked itself from my head. I’ve respect for anyone this was inflicted on who’s still a saddler

Makes me chuckle that they managed to get Ntamark right on the money.

1 Like

In the 12 intervening years how much money do you reckon the Shay had spent on it? :joy:

I’m guessing floodlight bulbs on an absolute last resort basis.

2 Likes