New player

It’s surely Russell Martin. We appear to be in competition with Sunderland. Only one winner in that arm wrestle !!!

1 Like

Didn’t make that connection! Seems rather plausible on that basis.

With Sunderland interested can’t see him signing for us, would be a great signing though if Deano managed to pull it off!

Dunno . Maybe he wants game time. If he wanted just to pick up a good wage he could have held Norwich to their contract.

Hmmmmm £8k a week in front of 25,000 or £8k a year in front of 5,000

Decisions, decisions :thinking::wink:

8k a year cuz wim wawsul ay we.

… and all the pork scratchings he can manage.

What about the other 6 days a week? :grinning:

10 Likes

Quite sure he’d get game time at Sunderland considering their need for a CB too

An unlimited supply of scratchings???

Bonser will choke on his afternoon tea!!!

He should certainly choke on summat :rofl:

2 Likes

The only mention in the media up here of any defender close to joining Sunderland is a bloke called Gael Andonian. Played for their under 23’s yesterday.

Russell Martin played a lot of his career at right back and also obviously CB. Surprised he fell out of favour at Norwich as he was always solid player for them but guess he was a high wage earner from their premier league days so they wanted to get him off the books.

Would be a transfer coup for sure. Would give flexibilty to go 3-5-2 which I’d imagine is an option DK will want to try out soon I reckon. Certainly suits the squad.

I was going to say location might be the winner here but Martin was actually on loan at Rangers last season so guess not. Sunderland have Loovens and Jack Baldwin as their first choice CBs but not much depth beyond that.

Nobody mentioned the training ground.

You’ve all changed man.

1 Like

Sprinklers!

I’ve stopped there on the way to Brizzle and Swindon. One of the better service stations.

2 Likes

Martinis off to West bromhttps://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-close-in-on-deal-for-experienced-free-agent/

1 Like

I am not surprised about this, as I did hear he was on £8k a week.

So was we wrong in assuming it’s him? Or have we just missed out?

Maybe it’s John Terry…