New signing James Hardy

WFC laying the foundations to sell Dobson :+1:t2:

1 Like

On paper, itā€™s not the most impressive signing but the lad clearly has ability. Won England C player of the year last season and Halifax fans (had a brief loan there last season) were desperate for him to return.

Clarke seems to have an eye for these under-the-radar non league players judging on some of the individuals heā€™s developed in the past so Iā€™m more than happy to see this lad given a go.

Welcome James!

7 Likes

Must admit I donā€™t think Kinsella Dobson AND Sinclair is necessary because they are all too similar but Iā€™m not sure this bloke is the answer to adding something different to those three.

Hope Iā€™m wrong.

Think you may be on to something there Mazza.

1 Like

Looks a useful addition to meā€¦welcome James. Creativity is clearly something the squad are lacking.

1 Like

Not sure how good he is but Clarke must like something about him and sounds like the kind of player we need in midfield

1 Like

Clarke has said he has got the best out of young lads who have been at Premier League academies and then dropped into non-league. Letā€™s hope Hardy is the next.

3 Likes

Your sixth source probably knew this but as youā€™ve dropped to only five sources now, heā€™s got the hump and not speaking to you anymore.

Hardy played with George Evans at Man City.

If we get anything like George, Iā€™ll be happy :grin:

3 Likes

Yep. Didnā€™t hear a thing about this one.

2 Likes

Me neither. Time to find another source! :rofl:

2 Likes

Il judge when I see him. Not too excited to be honest.

Squad player. Potential.

Might turn out to be like ginelly,

Remember though, apparently we wonā€™t be signing ā€œsquad playersā€ and ā€œplayers to developā€ according to @Belphegor :grin:

Moan when we donā€™t have enough players, moan when we sign someone.

On paper he doesnā€™t set the world alight but has had a good grounding at Man City and was willing to drop down to the National League to get games. Not every player will come with an amazing CV and extensive previous club list.

Iā€™m sure I read/saw something somewhere that Clarke said he had his own extensive list of players he had compiled. Heā€™s obviously saw something in him. Iā€™ll make a judgement when heā€™s settled and played a few games.

7 Likes

Looked on YouTube, looks a tiny player but looks to have ability, not going to judge until Iā€™ve saw him play in the league but not excited he has signed as donā€™t know anything about him

Whether Dobson stays or not, weā€™ve not got a lot of height in central midfieldā€¦

1 Like

Whereā€™s Rohan Ince these days? Always thought that he could bolster the midfield and add a bit of height

I think the height at the back and up front compensates for that sometimes, if you have little combative fast skilfull midfielders, big deffenders to come up for corners, and a striker with a bit of height it balances itself out.

3 Likes