New signing James Hardy

True. I’d like to think that between Kins and Sins we will be winning a lot more second ball this season.

6 Likes

It’s a signing and in Darrell we trust. Let’s write him off after 10 months not 10 minutes.

We also need to remember that our playing budget was mid table league 2 last season, so it’s definitely lower this year.

Right age, decent football pedigree, something to prove, what’s not to like on our budget?

6 Likes

Not a regular for Fylde. Unused sub in the Trophy final but played last 30 minutes of the playoff final.

No idea what to make of the signing as I’ve never heard of him or seen him play but nice to have another signing on board. Paving the way for Dobsons exit maybe?

May be of interest

3 Likes

Looks like an undiscovered world beater from those clips…but so did Ferrier! Lets hope he IS as good as the clips show, Ferrier certainly wasn’t…

1 Like

Interesting. Can see him being the midfielder to arrive in the box and nick a few goals. Something we missed a lot last season. Edwards used to do it so well before his injury.

3 Likes

A midfielder who gets in the box will be a novelty for us.

1 Like

Just checked Soccerbase and according to that he only scored once last season? And four the year before?

Still if he’s more of a forward thinking midfielder that is very much needed in the midfield area.

Seen a few clips of him now and he certainly looks promising. Looks very creative. As I said, will reserve my final judgement until I see him in person.

2 Likes

In all honesty, I wouldn’t look into his goal scoring stats too much. The most talented attacking midfielder we’ve had for years hardly set the world alright in front of goal (Sawyers), yet we didn’t do too badly with him. Just a shame he was a bit lazy :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like a Jamie Patterson type of player from those highlights, good luck to him let’s hope he’s half as good.

3 Likes

Looks good with the ball at his feet. Imagine he is the sort of player Smith would have signed to play in a footballing side. Look forward to seeing his potential.

4 Likes

This. As a signing, he has an almost Febian Brandy (1st time round) vibe to it. Great football education, clearly a tidy player but had a strange last few years where he’s kinda sunk into the abyss.

1 Like

Has a bit of Baxendale about him. A tricky winger: in the proper Walsall tradition, hopefully. I miss wingers that can get past their man!

Not ones from the vile that were on loan in Div 3 last season we won’t. Maybe ones from the conference on ten bob a week we might.
:smile:

When I told my son who we had signed he was so excited he misheard … He thought I said Jamie vardy.

4 Likes

Could not resist but to play along with it for a while… Poor kid

3 Likes

Just wait until we sign Timmy Abraham! :joy:

3 Likes

Yes …the lad may come good, he may not but I think it tells us that Clarke is looking to play some good football. Lets hope he can sign one or two more of similar style.

1 Like