New Signings?

Sounds like we have signed James Norwood from Ipswich

Lemonheigh-Evans from Torquay is also a done deal.
Stockport.

6 Likes

Tend to agree with this. We have some weird, unhealthy obsession with ex-players and resigning them. Just because we’ve had them before it doesn’t make them better than someone else you haven’t heard of or that you don’t know we are potentially negotiating with.

Anyway, when’s Lalkovic coming back?

7 Likes

Norwood scored a goal every other game for Tranmere before he played for Ipswich as for Lemonheigh Evans cue him to score against us :joy:

1 Like

Personally, I can see that there are lots of players come up for transfer, some of them ex Walsall players and, as a fan, I have absolutely no idea if the manager (in whom we apparently all trust) likes that player, knows of that player, rates that player or any other similar information.

We either trust Flynn to know the players he wants and to go out and get them, or we scream “why didn’t we sign player X” every time someone signs for another team. I’ll stick with the former (albeit I don’t yet have the same amount of faith in Flynn as others do…maybe with time)

1 Like

Announcing the signing of Ronaldo and there will too many people wanting interviews and merchandise so they thought they would wait until it calms down.

Be very surprised if we have signed Norwood i expected him to be snapped up by a league 1 team.

If chesterfield miss out we should be looking at Tshimanga

1 Like

Same here and he will be on a tidy wage at Ipswich. Way in excess of anything we have paid before. Any connections with Flynn perhaps?

Recovering from a broken leg i believe, last thing we need another player on the treatment table

2 Likes

I think it’s Stockport that are signing those two. @Killer78 is that what you meant? :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe tomorrow may bring something

For reasons unknown the stadium is closed to the plebs, so it could be they are rebranding to Pounland and or getting the new lads in to sign on the dotted or both perhaps

Ah ok. I saw the Stockport below the other player and thought it was just him.

Well, of course, Stockport might have the clout to do that. Owners putting significant money in, crowds of 8-10,000 while they have been doing well. Heady days for them.

1 Like

Yes I think it was the wonderfully mad Freddie Halls, a decent boxer he was too, so no surprise he evaded the punch
Believe he killed himself some years later, a troubled soul

Why? A player deemed surplus to requirements by a league 2 club who didn’t start a game since the end of November. If he signed for a club in a higher league it would have been as a No 2, so may be Rochdale have offered him the No 1 spot.

1 Like

Because I think he’s a better keeper than a number 2 in league one.

He did indeed :pensive:
I remember flowers being placed on the railway bridge on the stafford road by the bus station

Exactly this, every season this board fills up with names of ex-players being available who could do a job for us. It’s like getting the old band back together for one last album :smiley:

1 Like

It was him, and yes, he did.