New Signings?

You under estimate the pull of the scratching :grin:

Absolutely no rush mate, but again why communicate it if its not happening.

2 Likes

The club twitter is showing photos from the season, so no signings today.
Perhaps they’ll be signing tomorrow and doing photos as Stadium closed tomorrow.

I’m quite happy the signings are still a secret.
Need a break to get over last season, before dealing next season’s killing hope.

6 Likes

I was thinking more squats mate but one armed press ups is certainly imaginative.

1 Like

To be honest, I couldn’t give a t*ss when signings are announced, as long as they are what we need.
Although clearly a pre-season together would be advantageous.

Last summer we started the window (on paper at least) well with decent signings, before we started the season without a striker and having made no permanent signings since the first week of July.

2 Likes

I don’t think anybody is. It’s more the point that the chairman says something and invariably it doesn’t happen. It’s like saying “I’ll send you that email in a sec” and now we’re a week on. Does it matter? Probably not but it is bloody annoying.

2 Likes

Didn’t he get a kick up the backside for his trouble?

I think, iirc, that one of the players swung a punch or kick in his direction, but not sure if it connected. The bizarre thing was that having been thrown out, he came back in some time later, still naked.

That’s where he got it wrong he didn’t say today tomorrow next week when there existing contract expires leaving room for everyone to speculate. A statement aimed at been positive becomes grounds for speculation and uncertainty which grows into negativity.

3 Likes

At one point if i remember rightly he said …or indicated…don’t know why the signings haven’t been announced yet!.. he can be quiet frustrating :rofl:

1 Like

LP has clearly communicated it’s four (4) we’ve signed so far. It was Mick Flynn who said ‘four or five’ at the end of season awards do when we may have been close to getting a couple over the line but not signed on the dotted line. LP also said between 4-6 more will come over the summer so 8-10 in total.

1 Like

Just to add to the conspiracy theory…

I think LP stated he’d signed off on them… I’d assume that LP has to sign off a signing before the contract is issued… So, it may be that between MF verbally agreed a deal with the players and LP signed them off, the players had better offers…

They’re quickly trying to find four or five players to sign so they can announce it.

Can I be the first to say this?

(Clears throat)

Typical Walsall missing out on players like this. We are left scraping the barrel yet again!

Thank you.

7 Likes

I can’t believe they’ve got O’Donnell in goal can I just ask what are our actual lines of enquiry are when it comes to recruitment because scenario’s like this aren’t out of the ordinary with this club at all.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been said already but do we reckon the clubs shutdown tomorrow because we are announcing some players?

O’Donnell has signed for Rochdale, Lets all have a dig a the club for not signing him. Crazy, maybe we have a better goalkeeper lined up maybe he wants to stay up north.

10 Likes

I just simply asked what our lines of enquiry are when recruiting players personally I thought he’d have gone somewhere other than Rochdale a league higher maybe.My post was more at the fact that this happens a heck of a lot can’t you see that?

1 Like