New Sponsorship Deal?

Set up a Poundland chocolate and drinks store at the ground during match days I’d be very happy!

I thought something similar :joy:

Maybe turn the saddlers club into a Poundland? We get some of the revenue ? Loads of car parking spaces in the week for local residents too?

Just riffin’

3 Likes

Poundland social

Oh come on , this was a big improvement on previous events. You could hear both the principle speakers , the presenter and the guy asking the questions
Lets not nit pick on everything they do.

1 Like

Id much rather them do the Saddlers Club up and turn it back into somewhere fans can have a proper drink.

If they want to put a Poundland in the close area, then put one on the retail park, I’m sure half the shops there are boarded up at the moment as it is :smile:

1 Like

They can take the piss all they want I bet they’ve all been in one of their shops at some point in their lives how ironic that everyone is taking the mick but have all probably shopped in there for one thing or another feckin idiots.

2 Likes

It’s not nit picking though is it. It still looks and sounds amateurish regardless if you believe it’s an improvement on previous efforts

It’s been interesting to see this strand develop from posters being ashamed to a gradual dawning of how positive a piece of news this is. A local company with financial clout offering us our best sponsorship deal ever. And, as for the shirts, wear them with pride. At least everyone knows who Poundland are, so far as I can tell, they have not been involved in any major misdemeanours and their customers are in the C, D and E social classes.

We should use the supposed “cheap tat” connotations ironically. Remember the old Millwall chant: “no one likes us, we don’t care”? Something along those lines. It will be a great story when we get promoted.

10 Likes

It’s not uncommon for people to ask if a mic is on :man_facepalming:t2:
It was a massive improvement on the embarrassment before. The picture quality was good, not sure why we needed a different angle when Pomlett spoke but whatever, it was still a massive improvement and we could clearly hear them.

Who cares what he’s drinking out of? I prefer that, looks more laid back, and considering this was a video about our sponsors it was very laid back which is good, seems as though the club and Poundland have a really good relationship already which can only help us.

15 Likes

Already one there mate

1 Like

Didn’t realise :smile:

1 Like

Doubt that Scoob. I haven’t either, mainly because I don’t go shopping very often. Leave all that to the missus. Don’t know if she has.
As I posted earlier, it isn’t really about the shop per se, it is more about the name, and the association with us being a cheapskate club, something most of us talk about on here.
The sentiment of some of those in favour seems to be that it is OK for us to take the piss out of Pomser and the club, but it’s not OK for anyone else to.

1 Like

It’s like family. We’re allowed to talk about it, nobody else! Close ranks.

1 Like

Good post, Dan.

3 mates who are Dingles? That’s 3 too many

3 Likes

:smile:
I’ve got plenty more as I reside in Dinglehampton when I’m here.

I am just impressed that you have 3 mates :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

Great post. As an ex employee, they are a good company, the managing director Barry loves his football (Everton fan) he is charismatic leader, I hope he has some input in the board for merchandising.
Every week Poundland serves around 7 million customers a week, not a tin pot organisation as some have claimed.

6 Likes

They clearly aren’t and I thought he came across very well in the video. I think it’s fantastic to have them on board and it sounds like, if the next 3 years work out well, it will be a much longer partnership than that.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone has suggested that they are a tinpot company, just that we are a tinpot club (on many occasions and many threads).