New Stadium?

10 miles from Walsall. :joy::clown_face:

1 Like

We could merge and call ourselves Walsall Town Swift Pitmen?

Iā€™d love a new ground in north Walsall but I canā€™t see this happening.

1 Like

Definitely should be in north of the borough although it would mean, for the first time in my life, it would take me longer than 10 minutes to walk there

1 Like

Perhaps, to wind up a certain local councillor again, we should start rumours of a 30k stadium in Essington :wink:

1 Like

I know the stadium is dull and all that but, purely from a selfish point of view :wink:, the current set up with the rail service by the ground is ideal to me for pre match supping. The thought of 2 buses each way to Aldridge and not so decent boozers nearby is not appealing.

5 Likes

Of course that would be far from ideal. Anyone would know that. Cheap as chips though. Relocation. Enormous eye-watering profits. Depends what the decision drivers are Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ or the wider community

Wonā€™t happen I agree

Dave Clift? I worked with him for over 30 yearā€™s :laughing: be is a proper wind up merchant

That land just at the end of the southbound slip road junction 10 would have been a good site. We could have maintained the advertising board and thereā€™s enough land to have the training ground there too.

What the hellā€¦Iā€™ve heard Trivela have already purchased this land :wink::grin:

1 Like

Primley Avenue Park?

Rotherham is a fabulous example because their new arena is built very much inside the town, nit like most new builds as an out of town development. It is a quite superb stadium with good links and a fabulous atmosphere. If we could build something similar 7-9k capacity with room for further expansion within a 15 minute walk of the centre of town I would be delighted.

2 Likes

Why would you build a smaller ground? Loser mentality.

2 Likes

Imagine moving a ground right by the m6 and a train station and a 20 minute walk from Walsall to Aldridge lol
Whoever thinks thatā€™s a good idea is crazy
Imo bescot is in a real good location and a lot better than many other football clubs have compared to the town centre
Yeah itā€™s not bang on the centre but come on it ainā€™t much of a walk

5 Likes

Bugger me, how fast do you walk?

Think we should improve the stands and surrounds of what we have. The idea of moving is romantic but would it really change our fortunes and increase fan base?

2 Likes

It ainā€™t much more than that
I live In Bentley and used to walk to the ground before I got a car and that took around 40-45

1 Like

Iā€™ll give you a like just for that. #lightside

Yeah between the park and the motorway. Used to be a foundry on the site?

The biggest consideration would be transport links and parking. The current generation wants easy access to and from venues. Just look at the problems getting off the car parks at the NEC. Wherever any new stadium were sighted would need to be close to motorways or major routes into the town to avoid obvious bottlenecks. So alongside the M6 between its current location and the Essington training ground would be preferable to me.

Because for 95% of the time our current stadium is too big currently, any new stadium I think should have scope to increase capacity if we are selling out or getting close regularly but currently something in the ball park of around 8k is more than big enough and looking at average audiences over the past 30 years it is big enough. We do not currently know how many more if any an arena closer to the centre of town would attract.

1 Like