New striker arrives!

The last semi pro and painter and decorator we signed didn’t turn out too bad ?
(Any guesses ).

Not a bad signing this, experienced in every league across the FL, scored a decent amount of goals, been part of promotion winning teams

Going off what fans of his previous clubs are saying then if he can stay fit and play a lot of games he’ll have a decent season

1 Like

Anyone know his current fitness levels, ie will he turn out for us on Saturday?

If he can get time of work probably make the bench

1 Like

Never did it for us though did he? Hadn’t they used to call him ‘barn door’ cus he couldn’t hit one? But turned out to be the ultimate Premiership striker that will probably see our his pro career as a Hornet.

You don’t mess about do you AFKALS?

Nice one :rofl:

Deeney was a brickie . Sort your trades out.

1 Like

Was it Stuart watkiss?

Heres onefor the older supporters. Am I right in thinking Colin Taylor was a semi pro decorator when we signed him from stourbridge, and he didn’t turn out bad at all.

2 Likes

Is he a joiner too?

Bullseye.

1 Like

I think Colin Taylor fits that description (that’s one for the oldies!!) :wink:

Scored 33 goals one season, playing on the left wing. Him and Tony Richards were a formidable partnership (Richards netted 36 in the same season).

Can’t see how a big tent is going to help us anyway ? :grin:

4 Likes

Probably something to do with the scouting :laughing:

3 Likes

And if he runs through brick walls, maybe he’ll be able to walk on water too…

#layovercanal

I’ll give you more credit for the initial anagram though! :wink:

1 Like

Deeney would run through brick walls…

I heard that’s why he lost his job as a brickie.

That’s what Wendy Mumford told me, anyway… :blush:

Me again. Lavery will score goals in L2. I rated him when he was on loan to us in our 17/18 L1 promotion season, he even came on as sub in our playoff final win over Shrewsbury. A busy skilful player with a high workrate that keeps the opposing CB’s busy.

11 Likes

Had trials at Posh and Doncaster during summer apparently so he wont be short on fitness.

1 Like

A reasonable signing for me…under DC’s management he will be fine. I agree that the next one will probably a bigger “name” but will he be better?

Well done …pity about Jules!!!