New Years Day - Newport Game Possibly Postponed?

I’ll settle for 2 hours before at least I’ll be in the pub ! :smiley:

Can’t see the link now but the FA seem to have decided that there will be no testing on the morning of the game from now on. It’ll be the day/evening before.

A step in the right direction that Hull vs Blackburn game being called off 2 hours before was a shocker how we got to that point is beyond me but the sooner those situations stop the better.It’s peoples money at the end of the day they’ve paid for fuel beer food all for nothing it has to stop it has to.

Makes more sense to do this , if people have to travel to away games at least they will know before they set off .

1 Like

Fans don’t matter

Fans lives matter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I hope the game is still on, I’ve missed not having games over the Christmas holidays. Having Monthe out until February is going to hurt a bit, Ash Taylor has to really step up his game to retain his place in the side.
The lads should be well fit and chomping at the bit to play on Saturday.

If Taylor can reproduce his form from the last game he’ll be fine , he could easily have been MOM if Otis hadn’t have been so good .

2 Likes

Just keep checking every couple of hours to make sure they haven’t called the game off , I hope they don’t its weird not going.

If it hasn’t been called off by around 4pm it’s definitely on imagine being an away fan how can they plan anything I don’t expect many Newport fans will be coming, thankfully it isn’t away at Newport else we wouldn’t be allowed in anyway.

Not sure they are allowed out at the minute.

1 Like

Don’t think there’s any official travel ban , I can see them bringing a decent following (hopefully).

I thought Drakeford had welded up everyone’s front door on Boxing Day. Could be wrong though

1 Like

Should weld his own door up and his gob

1 Like

There’s definitely no travel ban the Welsh are going to Bristol,Chester and Hereford for new years eve. In normal circumstances I’d expect 1,000 Newport fans as it is 500 maybe.

Ah, misunderstood your response. I think people are being “discouraged” in Wales and Scotland.

They are being discouraged from going out the house whilst taking thousands of football fans to away games we got Newport, Cardiff are at West Brom and Wrexham at Notts county there’s probably about 7,000 fans there traveling 100 miles + :rofl:.

1 Like

Lots of jocks here in Whitley Bay, the place is buzzing. Brilliant, hopefully the flagging local businesses are going to rake it in. Likewise hope Newport travel in numbers seeing as they ridiculously can’t go at home, fill the away end making us a few quid also. Up yours Drakeford :fu:

1 Like

Abso bloody lutely I’d love Drakeford and Sturgeon to look like idiots and from what I’ve been reading their own people think so anyway.Do so called clever folk not see what they are doing? Or choose not too? Or know exactly and love it?

Definitely on then according to Newport thank god that’s something to do Tommora