New Years Day - Newport Game Possibly Postponed?

I didn’t realise that it was his first season. That’s why I’ve probably never heard of him.

1 Like

All you need is a slight bit of consistency in this league and you’ll go from 17th to 7th in the space of a few weeks, look at Mansfield.

1 Like

Or just as likely from 7th to 17th with our type of consistency!

1 Like

Yep and I’ve seen zero consistency from this side all season, that’s my point.

No, you’re reading way too much into that.

The referee’s appointments for EFL games are usually made late on Mondays/early on Tuesdays for the forthcoming weekend and the following midweeks games.

For the Xmas and New Year games the appointments were made for all of them in one batch on Mon 20th/Tues 21st Dec.

If we perform as we have for the season on average so far we’re looking at 11th-13th.
If we perform how we have for the last 12 games then we’re looking at 8th-10th.
If we play how we did for the 1st 9 games then we’re looking at 19th-21st.
Or if we play like we did in October (for 6 games) then we’re looking at 3rd-5th.
I’d say 8th-10th is most likely. Especially as the current “winter break” will hopefully mean a pretty much fully fit squad, bar Monthe for his 7 games.

It is still on at the moment there is a club statement just come on the club site

2 Likes

I’d like to book the October performances then please. Is there a button I need to press to select my choice? I can’t work out how to do it.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

A quick general request - please share hyperlinks from other websites rather than screengrabs. Ta.

2 Likes

Far too technical for me

3 Likes

You just carry on as you are, BS!

1 Like

And that’s my point, if we can hit any sort of consistency, then there’s no reason why we can’t get closer to the top 7 seeming as we’re only 5 points behind.

We have only lost 2 league games in the past 12 going back over 3 months, so it’s not like we’re losing every week.

2 Likes

And yet we’ve seen no sign that’s coming at all.

If we win every game for the next 5 years we’d win the champions league. A lot of things might happen “if”. Whether it’s a possibility is a different matter.

And not sure how many times I have to explain 5 points isn’t an “only” when you have 5 teams to outplay to make that up.

I think if we won every game for the next 4 years we’d win the Champions gained from a place from winning the europa league not that I’m been pedantic :joy:

2 Likes

So the games on then untill it’s off .
They should have to do them tests by 9am Saturday morning I’ll be pissed off if they call it off at 2 hrs before ko like Villa Vs Burnley.

4 Likes

Well I used to enjoy watching my lads play football at under 10 level, but there’s a big difference in skill at EFL level.

How many of our games have you watched in the last 3 years :rofl:

I’d be very,very disappointed,if I’d watched any with 9 first team players out.

Good news surely to god all these players have isolated for what is now 7 days instead of 10 as of the 22nd of December.It feels like a lifetime since we played a game.How many have Newport had postponed 2-3 games?