Newport County (H) Wed 24th Feb, 5:30pm

Yet!!! :grin:

The lock-down in Wales is rather strict, I think the Severn Bridge closes at 9pm before armed guards impose the curfew.

2 Likes

I’d go:

Roberts 

Norman Scarr Sadler Melbourne 

Vincent     Bates 

Wright         Nolan        MacDonald

Gordon 

Obvs a few assumptions there with Wright returning… but I’d also give Leak a go next to Scarr, and perry on the bench.

1 Like

Organise a sit-in after the game at the car park exit!

That looks good to me assuming all are fit. A bit lightweight but I don’t think we have a better alternative at the moment. Also agree on the subs.

1 Like

Only if it was along the floor!
Good keepers reactions on Saturday, saved us from a hammering, but it’s obvious teams have been tasked with “shoot lots, from any distance, this goalie is suspect” Which is a shame for the lad.
Dutton will pick him again though.
Got to be another 1-1, we have so very little up front, apart from Lavery’s amazing early goal, did their goalkeeper have a save to make?
Surely time to try out the Yaw lad, our season is over, time to try some fresh faces to enliven the boredom.

That’s a bit unfair. His best saves were from close range on Saturday and I did not see them pinging in lots of long range shots.

He was not only good at shot stopping but also good with crosses.

3 Likes

His handling was extremely good Saturday it wasn’t just the saves that impressed me it was him coming to collect crosses commanding his area and claiming under pressure on one occasion that I can think of second half.Problem with Liam is we are all waiting for his next “bad day at the office” he’s extremely inconsistent the only way to stop this is carrying on where he left off on Saturday.

3 Likes

He certainly had more shots to stop than their goalie did!
Mind you we were playing such strong, Auto promotion candidates after all!

I notice that his only poor clearance on Saturday was in the second half when either Melbourne or Osadebe passed it back to him on his wrong foot, putting him under immediate pressure.

Now that our season is over, I’m more interested in ‘scenario’s’.
Bet Scrimaldo would love to score against us on Wednesday, and the Cookie monster would be overjoyed to score against us on Saturday!

1 Like

Yes mate I was screaming at the iPad “that’s on his wrong foot!!” Being an ex keeper it’s infuriating when they know what your favoured foot is and play it to the wrong one because unless your Ederson who let’s be honest wouldn’t look out of place in centre midfield it’s really needed on your favourite foot straight away.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see if Scrimshaw looks any better for them than he did for us, when he really only impressed in one game. .

2 Likes

He said he’d gone there because of the way they play their football. That’s quite a thing when you look at the state of their pitch. Our threadbare surface will be like Wembley in comparison.

1 Like

Like any ex player, he will be wanting to make the point of “look what you are missing out on” which gives him a bit more edge.

I’m not sure that is possible with Scrimaldo. He’ll spontaneously combust.

2 Likes

Definitely agree about trying out the new loanees. Reid has touched the ball yet and the Frenchman has appeared for us twice as a sub, he’s hardly touched the ball either.
The season is over as far as I’m concerned, what’s the point in bringing them in if you’re not going to play them.
2-0 to Newport.

1 Like

John Saunders, who played in the wins over Man Utd and Newcastle, played for Newport before moving to Leeds, from where we signed him.

1 Like

I doubt it ran around a lot that was mostly it lol.

He’s deceased so I doubt it.

1 Like