Next Fans Forum

How do you know how fans feel? you hardly go to games.This forum is not typical in my opinion. Most of the fans I know are willing to give both the new ownership and the Manager more time before hurling criticism at them. The increases in the early bird tickets I can understand as I have explained before.The other increases in car parking, lounge passes are less defensible and I have made my views known on them.
If you don’t like the increases just don’t buy as I am doing with lounge pass. I will miss the banter in there before the match but I am not going to be ripped off.

5 Likes

Can’t see me going again this season. There would have to be some amazing offer like 2 matches for 20 quid or something to even tempt me. Even then I might not

You’ll be back here when Man United get knocked out of Europe.

Can’t go as I’m out of the country until the 31st. Maybe some kind soul might ask for the actual truth behind the DJ fiasco, regarding Mansfield’s demands, our offer and DJ’s contract length requirements.
If the club have done the right thing then we can all move on.

1 Like

We can all move on anyway and should of ages ago…yes it was a big loss but its only one player…why is this still even a topic…obvious the club did try too get him back but it was always going too end like that wasn’t it.

Our fans have a habit of lingering on the past!!!

5 Likes

going again? When did you start? we really dont need people like you down the beccy

2 Likes

Fair comment. We clearly haven’t though, with more rumour than fact still clouding the debate.

I think it would help the club if they were able to convey to the fans that they had done everything reasonable to get him here.
Lots of concerns about the price increases at the minute, so anything that will keep the fans behind the new regime can only be a positive.

Agree and it would stop all the silly talk but there isnt many clubs who would do that, we set the bar very high as fans and think the club should tell us everything which isnt the case.

Im sure MF is cursing the deal most weeks when he picks andy williams

2 Likes

We have not got one piece of actual news just it was too much. What is the actual problem in telling us how much Mansfield were after then it can be put to bed. They’re not backward in putting huge hikes on tickets and parking etc in the name of inflation. So give us information on what has probably destroyed the rest of our season and its potential.

4 Likes

Cant argue with that, fair point

I too would be keen to know the exact amount, but I still lay the blame at Danny’s door.

Do we? I think it’s incredibly low - and we have been very, very patient.

Any ounce of success and we have talk of bigger stadiums and we run onto the pitch with our shopping.

10 Likes

Can’t disagree with that. Could also throw in the words “incredibly, ridiculously loyal” for good measure.

9 Likes

I won’t make the forum but I’ve no doubt this site, by far the most active saddlers supporters site, is closely monitored by club management.

My message would be: as good capitalists, appreciate that you can only put massive price increases on if the product is good enough. It’s not. While I’ve no issue with the club ownership like i did with bog handle man, you’re not worth a 16% increase next season. .I’ll pick and choose games next season in line with both my own weekend commitments and the quality of the entertainment on offer. If you don’t improve it, I’m likely to be a 1 in 3 attender at most so make sure you have a bloody strong team next season.

6 Likes

I support the team not the board, that’s where people get a little blinkered in their blind loyalty.

2 Likes

Do they really need to explain? We’ve posted a big loss this year,as opposed to our normal £5,000 profit, whether it’s a paper loss or real one I’m not an accountant so I don’t know.

1 Like

It was £700,000 so it wasn’t peanuts!!!

1 Like

I’m the same. I’ll attend prob 20 pct of the games or when people give me free tickets or if we say got a big cup tie again I’d go to that. I like to spend time with my son. Encouraging him to part with 26 quid to Watch Walsall is impossible. He just says the football is so boring

1 Like

I would like to know why we are getting so many injuries. Is it a fluke or is something wrong behind the scenes?

1 Like

Quite funny how under Bonser/Pomlett the club was criticised for having a ‘shut up and pay your money’ mentality.

Now under an investment group it’s the fans telling other fans to do just that!

6 Likes