Next Manager Odds

We would need to get a taller team

1 Like

Let’s be the first club to appoint a female manager. Will show Jeff’s cuddly side, give us great publicity & frankly someone like Powell or Scott would sort our defence out. Would be progressive.

3 Likes

Can’t do anyworse than the shambles we saw on Saturday to be fair

1 Like

That would be brilliant. Alex Scott speaks more sense than any of the braindead male pundits on television. Would love her to be appointed at the start of next season whatever division we are in. Not now though because if she failed to keep us up it would be seen as proof, by the Neanderthals, that possession of a vagina meant you could’t manage a football team.

2 Likes

Interesting view.
I would venture to suggest that perhaps a more rational analysis might be that a total absence of any football club management experience meant that you couldn’t manage a football club.
Although I will concede that the possession of a vagina can be a major asset.

Way to much focus on the Smith era for me, what did it produce for us ? Maybe 6-8 months of winning football with Smith departing after 4 months of it.

We need a Graydon type character who can wheel and deal, spot a player and organise the team.

As nice as Smiths football was let’s not forget we won bugger all.

2 Likes

And p.s there is no chance our fans will settle for another 5 year plan.

1 Like

Comedy post of the year :joy::joy::joy::joy:

:wink:

1 Like

Appoint someone with no experience in the football pyramid, just because they chat good beans on TV?

This is why the football director model works. The club set the structure and the manager becomes just like a player. U adapt or leave.

Up until this season I’d liked the way Clarke had Bristol Rovers playing. Can we presume they have a similar budget to ours? He’d have been an impossibility when they were flying, and as a Rovers playing legend, would have been impossible to pry away, but now a plausible option.

And ignoring his fortunes at Cov, Steven Pressley sides have always impressed me. He did well keeping Fleetwood up before his abrupt departure. Now at Carlisle on a deal till end of the season.

It’s all immaterial anyway. We just have to pray that one of our internal candidates Chambers/Biggs/Ward can do a Smith.

What is all this “chatting beans”. English translation for an old fogey please.

1 Like

[quote=“ShropsSaddler, post:5, topic:2608, full:true”]
The one you can guarantee it won’t be is Steve Evans!!! Can you imagine bonser paying for the tailor to make his tracksuit [/quote]

Fixed.

Its Belphegor dropping his dank street slangs

2 Likes

Alan Buckley had an absence of football club management experience when we appointed him. As did Brian Clough when Hartlepool appointed him. Of course neither had a vagina, although many thought Clough was one!

1 Like

Would have expected an update by now from the club? Hoping it means MOC has turned it down and they’re having to appoint an external candidate. One can only hope.

1 Like

As long as its not that berk Andy Davies, look what happened to Wrexham last season after Keates left and he took charge, they finished outside the play off positions.

I was hoping to hear this morning all the backroom team had gone apart from Martin O’Connor.

They are all useless non league standard, the goalkeeper coach is an absolute joke, Liam Roberts has regressed so badly since Oakes has been coaching him

1 Like

Basically,it’s a lottery employing any manager.Norman Whiteside saved Alex Ferguson’s career with that 1 goal,he went on to be the best manager ever to use a hair dryer.It’s at least 50% luck with any manager to start with,then after 2 or 3yrs it’s totally down to his managerial skill’s.Even managers with the buying power of Man Utd aren’t guaranteed success,just look at the 3 managers who followed Fergie,spent a fortune and failed.I say give it to O’Connor until the end of the season,see if he can make a difference.If he can’t,get someone in well before pre-season to prepare for a 2nd division promotion push.If we can get promoted in the first season,that will give us some momentum for the 1st division.

1 Like

Think O’Connor and Davies will leave and we’ll have Ward and Chambers in charge for the last five.

There’s me proven instantly wrong…

3 Likes