Next Manager Odds

O’Connor supported by Ward, Davies and Oakes til end of season according to Joe Masi.

O.k so M OC is in and Davies and Oakes remain!!

Guess it’s too short notice to try to get another keeper coach in, would’ve ditched Davies and just had Ward as a mentor/number two.

You had your minute of being correct anyway Simon…:grinning:

2 Likes

Brilliant statement of intent from Jeff Bonser.

Once again proved absolutely right. JB does not give a toss if this club goes down…

2 Likes

That’s longer than usual, Sid!

2 Likes

Oh, well, he didn’t surprise you at all :rofl::rofl:

football%20manager

I wonder what she is doing ?

2 Likes

Cherie Lunghi was fit back in the day.

1 Like

I was right? MOC it is then, but why oh why have they retained so many of these useless so called back room staff? Whatamistakatomake!
MOC will do his best but with the help (hahaha) of these jesters his task will prove fruitless.
Lets see who he puts out on Saturday at Accrington, same gutless faces will find a same gutless performance.
Bring on the kids, we’re going down so we may as well give us something interesting to watch, we long suffering fans deserve to see some effort.
Can’t wait for next season, Cheltenham, Salford City, Morecambe, Grimsby, Colchester…sort of gets the juices flowing dow it?

2 Likes

Thats not strictly true , i think we’ve been managed by a couple before …

4 Likes

Isn’t that like virtually any ex-player that gets given a managers job for the first time?

I don’t think she’s a realistic option but not because of that.

Yes it is, but more times than not they have been on a coaching staff or been closely exposed to big name managers.

I’m referring to someone that plays a different form of the game which has little resrmblrnce to men’s league football.

Hiring the manager of Tipton Town would be less ridiculous.

1 Like

Well quite, that’s why I said I don’t think shes a realistic option. Nothing to do with her punditry. It got Gary Neville a job at one of the top teams in Europe.

Still look how that went.

I don’t know, they were awful against Sikh Hunters on Saturday. :grinning:

Get El Maestro in - he’s the crazy barsteward that we need - well not need, but want - may as well go down and out in a blaze of glory!

3 Likes

Just imagine this. The OAP stand wouldn’t know what to do. :joy:

3 Likes

In that case get Dion or Garth :+1: nothing against the females but no female manager for me thanks, let someone else take the chance

Martin O’Connor has had managerial experience, although not with a Football League club. Does anyone know what his success/failure was like as manager of Halesowen Town? :thinking:

Well put it this way Welsh,he wasn’t head hunted by a football league side…:grinning:

1 Like

His sacking at Haleowen coincided with the club being taken over by new owners so not sure how much can be read into that. Worked mainly as a scout since then and did send Kory Roberts our way, which we should certainly be thankful for.

MOC has run his own academy for a few years now, which seems to be successful, and may well be appealing to the club as our youth system seems to have gone to pot of late.

2 Likes