Next Manager Odds

Even if we stay up I do not want MOC as manager.

This job needs someone unconnected from the club, who has experience, a modern way of playing, good with youth and spotting bargains.

Basically, Paul Hurst.

What we don’t want is a Whitney/Keates Mk. 3 situation. The cycle needs to end.

3 Likes

If he keeps us up he deserves a knighthood, never mind the managers job.

1 Like

From Wikipedia, not sure how accurate though.

Slight hyperbole but I take your point.

I think with the right tactics, booting out some players, firing a rocket up others it wouldn’t be surprising if we win 3/5.

I do think, however, if we don’t take anything from Accrington we are basically gone.

1 Like

We need to beat 2 of the 3 absolutely gash teams hovering around us, draw the other one, and a draw against the dreadfully inconsistent Posh at home. That may certainly be enough to not even worry about the Shrews result.

So hardly mission impossible, if any order be called upon.

Problem is we are equally as gash :joy:

6 Likes

We’re going to see just how inept Keates was in the next few games. If we tank, then it was mostly the players. If we make it, it was mostly Keates.

It’s obviously a bit of both but my money is on some shock wins.

1 Like

As you say, Saturday really is last chance saloon. Win and it shows there’s still a bit of bottle left, lose against a side that are in marginally worse form than us then we are almost certainly down.

Thanks @Chesterfield_Saddler … a win percentage of 45% sounds pretty good, as does a goal difference of PLUS 15 !!!

2 Likes

Plus he only conceded just over 1 per game - absolutely brilliant by comparison.

Like Oxford?

This is the issue, we’ve entered into a dangerous cycle and a fresh approach is desperately needed, at every level of the club. The mindset has to change.

1 Like

Nope. Not like Oxford, who had won 5 of the last 7.

I suspect you’re currently checking out the form of Accrington, Southend and Wycombe … not great is it? :rofl:

and were still only 7 points off us Saturday. Or are only two league places above Shrewsbury.

Madness to suggest this isn’t anything short of a massive ask. We need 8 points to reach the 50 mark. So 3 wins, or 2 wins and 2 draws from 5 games. We’ve won 3 in the last 16. Record against the teams coming up:

Stanley Lost 1-0
Southend Lost 3-0
Wycombe Won 3-2
Peterborough Drew 1-1
Shrewsbury Drew 0-0

Lets not pretend this wouldn’t be a massive acheivement.

1 Like

Southend - last win on January 19th … 14 games ago
Wycombe - last win on January 26th … 12 games ago
Accrington - 2 wins since Boxing day.

It’s within our grasp, even as crap as we clearly are, to win 2 and draw one. So no, it wouldn’t be some kind of outlandish feat, when they are obviously struggling really badly.

Know the division. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hows our form?

Know the division. You’re pretending we are anything but gash as well. PS winning two and drawing one is still only 49.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ours is better than ALL THREE mentioned over the last eight games.

Know the division. :woman_shrugging:

Is it ■■■■! :joy::joy::joy:

They are all still above us, we’ve dropped like a stone.

lost the last 5. Yeah our forms cracking.

1 Like

Check it the ■■■■ out.

Form better than than ALL THREE over the last eight games.

Walsall 7 points

Accrington 4
Southend 3
Wycombe 1

:woman_shrugging:

Know your division.