Next Manager

Doesn’t make any sense, if this was the case then he’d have gone after Barrow. As @Jonny says let’s look forward to the next appointment.

Yes,

Paul hall barmy army

2 Likes

Agree. this structure of DOF is a bit alien to me, would a manager who is previously used to running everything day to day be happy to be told how to play with what I assume is not much say over signings? Or is the idea we would appoint a young coach with little to no experience with an idea to Fullarton to ‘mentor’.

Steve Pressley landed on his feet after Pafos

On 10 May 2021, it was announced that Pressley would take up the role of Head of Individual Development at Brentford on 1 July 2021

On Wiki

We may stand a better chance with Elvis Presley, wages would be cheaper

1 Like

Yeah? And? Doesn’t mean he won enough games to be considered.

Last comment as Jonny has requested we stay on topic.

My point is I believe LP would have kept BD on. LP believes BD is and will be a good manager. However he is conceding BD has not won enough games to justify keeping him in the face of those who say BD won’t bring us success.

If fewer fans didn’t want shot of BD, he wouldn’t have had that quandary. I reckon he gambled after Barrow that BD would win enough games, but sadly he hasn’t.

Would go for John McGreal.

Abit left field but what about appointing the Leagues first female manager?

The media would lap it up and would possibly help increase fan base, sponsorship etc

1 Like

There’s nothing sad about it, he was crap!

I don’t care who or what the next manager is as long as they are good enough, qualified enough, and experienced enough. I want a team I can be proud of and I’m not bothered who builds it as long as they do.

Other than that, if it was a female manager who fitted that bill, then I think it would be a great marketing opportunity - although I wouldn’t want it to happen just as a gimmick or to make a statement.

5 Likes

I had this thought today after seeing the job the Chelsea women’s manager had done, wouldn’t hurt us branching out from the norm to interview to see if there’s any mileage in it.

1 Like

No chance and no thank you. Did you hear the disrespect she spoke about AFC Wimbledon when linked with their job?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was Dave Reddington. Has worked with JF, coach at Palace, worked with the u23 and first team at Watford. With Hodgson possibly leaving Palace he might fancy branching out on his own.

1 Like

I’m impressed that we’ve got this far into a thread & no mention of that arrogant, self publicist Ian Holloway…

2 Likes

Kenny Jacket would be a great appointment as would Richie Wellens.
A dark horse who would be a good fit for the club is Lee Carsley. He was highly thought of at the Blues and also Coventry. He’s well connected and knows West Midlands football, as does Jacket of course.
Appointing KJ would show huge ambition that the club want to move forward, and, no doubt, boost ticket sales.

3 Likes

Eddie Newton is unemployed

1 Like

Mentioned by Liam Keen on E&S interview :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Carsley a great shout. Think he’s in the England set-up though.

I think people are probably right that say it won’t be an older head due to our director of football being a younger man can you imagine someone like Kenny Jackett or Holloway being told what to do by Fullarton? Not going to happen thinking logically about it it’ll be someone who he knows who wants to come here

2 Likes

I’m going for Mark Delaney, Paul Hall, Adrian Viveash or Lee Carsley. Don’t think it will be anyone with too much experience, but someone who will work and coach younger players.

3 Likes