Next Manager

As I’ve been saying for weeks, John McGreal is my preferred realistic option.

Rob Kelly would be interesting. Although you have to wonder why he has only ever been caretaker at clubs and never taken any management jobs on full-time.

Richie Wellens seems to be the most popular candidate. Did well at Swindon obviously but he failed at Salford with probably the biggest budget this league has ever seen.

Underwhelmed by all the other names being mentioned, including Kenny Jackett.

1 Like

What with all the shop closures over the last year I haven’t been to the Crown Wharf for ages, so I’ve no idea who the Next Manager is. Can’t see them being an ideal choice if they’ve only a retail background though.

3 Likes

How about Richard O’Kelly? Got a history with the club as both a player (twice) and as assistant manager (also twice), and might relish the chance to be the front man rather than continuing being number 2 (even if it is with with his long time mate Deano at an EPL team) …

1 Like

Will be Albion manager sooner or later

1 Like

After the mess Wolves were in when he took charge I would welcome him with open arms

1 Like

Have a day off. Anyone could have got Wolves out of league 1 with their resources.

2 Likes

I was referring to the bad eggs they had at the club and bringing unity back with players and fans

Don’t be too harsh on him, he’s in mourning x

2 Likes

I think we should give Dean Keates another crack at it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:I’ll get my coat.

I have to be honest and say that I have not got a clue who I think would be a good appointment as our new HC. Let’s face it, pretty much most of the options that I would suggest we are/will be talking to are presumably already out of work and that is likely to be because they have failed in their last role, for whatever reason.

For me the two most important things that the new HC must have is firstly to actually try and play an attractive style of football. I don’t think my neck could take another season of watching the ball being hoofed from the back over the heads of our midfield for our strikers to try and win constant, aimless long balls.

Secondly, is for the new HC to actually be allowed to bring in a proper recognised striker or two, and an attacking box to box midfielder. The one thing that has been clear this season for me is that no matter how poor we have been this season there have only really been a couple of times that we have really been mullered by the opposition (Cambridge at home and Cheltenham away springs to mind). Yes we have been poor but if you are a side that is able to create and score goals then that will get you a long way in this league. This season we have done neither, and basically nothing since Adebayo left.

So let’s just hope that who ever the new HC is that is has a good list of contacts to get in the proven strikers that we are desperately screaming out for.

1 Like

Yeah like Sunderland … oh wait

I see Gary Bowyer lost his job at Salford.

You think Jackett would be a good fit for us?:joy:

1 Like

Returned to Derby u23’s. Only agreed to go to Salford until the end of this season.

You can’t come out with that when you wanted to give Dutton.10 games.

1 Like

Dave Reddington, Palace first team coach, 2nd favourite on Skybet.

Not sure if there’s anything in it but presumably playing on the Fullarton link.

4 Likes

Do I think a manager with multiple promotions at a better level than us currently managing in the division above would be good for us?

Wouldn’t rule it out :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe if he came with Matt Taylor as his assistant. That would suit us.

1 Like

Hilarious they haven’t even made the play offs after trying to buy there way out of the league again

1 Like

It’s clear LP would have kept BD if he could have, but all the experts on here know better