Next Manager

In the interests of being positive, he can’t have come cheap. Even youth coaching roles at clubs like Spurs are well paid.

2 Likes

When did you place it?

Tbf Leigh proven he isn’t trigger happy with Clarke and Dutton so whoever comes in will know they will be given a fair crack even if the fans are up in arms

2 Likes

Now what do they do to make us buy a season ticket.

Fair enough. But it will be better if fans can stay supportive. Especially if we’re back in the ground.

It can’t be any worse than this season. I think Taylor will attract a better quality of players but let’s see. Things can only get better

I think they’ll have to back down. It just won’t be worth their while to stick it out. How can they say either bet was an error, when, at the time of the appointment, one was 1/3, the other was 3/1? They’ve ■■■■■■ up. The easiest way to remedy it is to pay out on all bets before they made the distinction. Doubt if it will hit the share price too much…

1 Like

Good appointment,as long as we don’t all get too carried away. All I’m expecting is for us to sign some fairly competent players who the new management team can work on and hopefully put us in with a chance of getting into the playoffs. Too many expectations could end in tears.

Some nice words from Spurs aswell.

5 Likes

Always good to have a Taylor at the Saddlers

4 Likes

We should ban the players and management from even mentioning the play offs. Just focus on every game and get organised. Players coming out every week mentioning play offs drove me insane the last couple of years

2 Likes

He knows how to hit a volley. His coaching should help our players and I look forward to Dan Scarr and Liam Kinsella hitting a few like that next season. Bring it on.

2 Likes

As with all manager’s you can only really reserve judgment at this time.

What I love is this very Walsall saga. There was obviously a leak a couple of days ago. Matt Taylor, current Exeter manager right in the frame by the looks. Betting markets move, forthright denials issued from said Mr Taylor.

The mole obviously not being specific about “that” Matty Taylor. And as others have said somebody at Skybet about to get a shooing.

I wish our Matthew all the best. The fact we have appointed a management team to sit beneath the newly appointed DoF looks structurally right to me.

Just need to find some players. He and McDonald should be very well connected so hopefully we get a good blend of experience, youth, permanent and loan.

8 Likes

I just hope we can get an Adebayo style player on loan from them :grin: at least they know he will be in good hands

1 Like

Has he got a nice tan?

If they want Japhet Tanganga or Dane Scarlett to get 40 or so games under their belt, we’ll have them.

3 Likes

I think Cannonball would have approved of some of his goals. :grin:

4 Likes

Bit close to Dan Scarr is that.

2 Likes

Really pleased with this. Its a very good coaching team that we now have with bothTaylor and McDonald. Can we now expect a couple of Spurs youngsters to also come here on loan?

Really excited now for the new season. Let’s give them all our support and hope that we have some exciting playing additions to come in now as well. Hopefully Taylor would have said who his potential targets might be at interview stage. Hopefully be given a good budget for his signings.

All positive. Now for the new players.

I assume Mat Sadler is still around as part of the team.

2 Likes