Next Manager

I’m hoping that he signs Matty Taylor (Oxford).

Darrell would be livid, especially after he sticks it up Vale with a hat trick. Meanwhile, Gordon breaks record for giving away free kicks for needless fouls for the Fail…

“Suits you, sir! Suits you. Ohhhhhh!”

2 Likes

Ticks all the boxes for me. Such a relief we havent appointed some tired old been around the block grandad manager.

3 Likes

Let us know what they say

Onwards and upwards, really looking forward to this pair managing. Hopefully our shooting will improve now. I now see where the Exeter confusion came from

Couldn’t agree more. Just look at the managers at the top two clubs in League Two this season, Mark Bonner and Mike Duff.

Both were hugely inexperienced before they took the job, but with a bit of time (in Duff’s case) and a good structure around them they’ve achieved success.

1 Like

Spurs have a 19 year old 6 foot 6 centre-forward (Kion Etete) playing in their under 23’s, scored 9 goals in 21 games last season, and is originally from Derby, having made his L2 debut aged 16 for Notts County.

5 Likes

Me wonders if there is a little mole (pun intended!) at Walsall. Talk of Matt Taylor leaks, but the press and fans get the wrong one. And then the Steve Coppell thing - interesting to note that Neil MacDonald has been out there in India in the not too distant past. I wonder if Fullarton was speaking to his old mate Steve to check out what he knew of MacDonald, or to ask his opinion, and this also got leaked, with someone deciding we were after Coppell?

1 Like

How are we going to sing ‘There’s only one Matty Taylor’ now at games?

2 Likes

That’s what we’d all want. I appreciate you might be being rhetorical. But , given where we’re coming from, with a rebuild on the playing side ,and on the non- playing one, would you settle for anything less, next season? We’ve been on a gradual, then steep downhill since Smith left. Would you be happy to give this new management more time? If they showed clear signs of a reversal of the decline, without anything concrete?

I’m excited by this. He seems a very knowledgeable guy and determined to forge a career. Played at high levels and kmows the game. Experienced number 2 to help him a long . A DoF from a higher level.
This is a management team with a lot of experience , contact at all levels and the right age to want to do well for themselves.
How can anyone not think this could be exciting?

3 Likes

Will the real Matt Taylor please stand up.

2 Likes

Could turn out to be our new adebayo

I’m fighting my case now, they are playing hard ball. But my argument is really quite simple and shows they made an error which they are reluctantly accepting now.

EDIT: it has been resettled as a winner.

6 Likes

A young, qualified coach with a good early pedigree… looks a solid appointment.

Clubs of our stature have a far better shot at progressing under this kind of manager- the potential next Dean Smith, if you will- than your Holloways and O’Driscolls, in the modern arena.

2 Likes

I would settle for a massive improvement, exciting football and the prospect of more to come. However, I will be surprised if we are not in the play-offs at least.

How are you communicating? By phone, email or chat? Always helps if you can tell them you have a record of the whole exchange. If it’s chat, keep taking screenshots. .

Bescot was built a long time ago now. I don’t think we could class it as a “modern arena”!

2 Likes

Interesting appointment. Let’s see where he takes us

Live chat and saved the script. All sorted now, payed out.

1 Like