Next seasons squad

Good shout. I can see the comparison style and position. I liked Steve Jones but he was also a bit of a bit and cold player. Nature of the beast I guess.

I think Osadebe will start on the bench.

I also think that Hayden White must surely be listening to the new players and wanting to be part of this exciting new project. If he does then it will be between him and Kinsella at right back.

Still need 3 more experienced players; a left back, a centre back and a striker + 3 up and coming squad players (striker, winger and left back).

4 Likes

not sure we will get the same “experience” all over the pitch. But i wanna see some young hungry talent now.

Full backs especially, i wanna see youth and pace.

1 Like

Whilst it would be nice to have pace at full back, 1st and foremost I want to see full backs that can defend 1st and then anything else is a bonus.

Have I missed something with kins? Why is everyone happy with him being our first choice right back? 1 - the lad was our best player last year, why would you lose him from midfield. I know we are stacked but why put him in a secondary position just to fit him in the team. (Imagine if kins, once he has robbed the ball off the opposition, added more attacking passes to his game, surely MT would coach this into him rather than play him out of position). 2 - there must be plenty of actual right backs, wanting to play at right back available for us to have a look at.

3 Likes

We definitely need full backs who can defend, would love to see a George Nurse type of signing.

1 Like

Despite what many think and whilst acknowledging his limitations I rate Kinsella as a midfielder and he fully deserved player of the season (admittedly there wasn’t much competition). Every team needs a Kinsella to do all the hard stuff and give the ball to someone else. Remains to be seen where he fits into new managers plans but even with arrival of Labadie I still think he will have a role in midfield and hopefully he can learn a lot from the new arrival.

1 Like

I think Kins is becoming the new Chris Marsh - a do-a-job-anywhere-on the-field utility player.

3 Likes

Reason I wouldn’t play kins in midfield is simply labadie will start be captain and is known to be an aggressive batting midfielder and perry is simply to good on the ball and offers some creativity from midfield. Perry is simply better than kinsella.
Unless your playing a midfield 3 kinsella doesn’t start in midfield for me

2 Likes

Perry and Kinsella are different types of players and totally agree Perry is quality. Will be horses for courses, there will be times when we need two tacklers in midfield, probably more away than at home. Depends what formation Taylor is thinking of and if he plans on different formations and systems for different matches or if he sets us up in a particular way regardless of who we play

3 Likes

I agree with you in the sense that he doesn’t start, not stick him at rb to get him into the team!

1 Like

This jack earing rumour is building again so we’ll have a fair few cm’s on the books. At least two will go surely?

I am putting my faith in MT to have a plan for who plays where. Kinsella is a great player to have in the squad though, no doubt about that.

3 Likes

Yes and me. Be interesting to see where this leaves Bates and kinsella.

I think Bates is going to be a fringe player at best now. It is up to him to prove his worth and progress. I’m not going to knock a young lad for last seasons disaster but he was pretty poor. If coaching is improved he could also have the opportunity to improve. If and when he gets his chances he has to take them. It’s a long season so having players like that waiting for a chance is no bad thing.

2 Likes

I think Bates could be far better than Kinsella. Kins can tackle, but Bates can do that and has better distribution. He just needs a little more coaching. He went backwards under Dutts.

2 Likes

When Bates first came in he was a real breath of fresh air and exactly what the squad lacked. A player who can get on the ball from deep and get us moving forward. The more he played for us the less we saw of that, to the point where he came a carbon copy of Kinsella, ratting round trying to win the ball and then playing a simple sideways or backward pass. For the most part he was played in two man midfield which really didn’t suit his game.

He was brilliant in the away game at Tranmere being the spare man in the middle. Always available for the ball, picking up anything that was loose and then getting us moving forward quickly. I can only think that it was under the instruction/training of Clarke/Dutton that has seen him so drastically decline.

7 Likes

Goalkeepers:
Roberts, Rose

Fullback options:
White, Kinsella, Sadler, A.N.Other + Foulkes & Coogan (not yet signed)

Centre back options;
Monthe, Sadler, Leak, White, A.N.Other

Midfield Options:
Osadebe, Kinsella, Bates, Labadie, Holden, Earing, Perry, Willis

Wide Options:
Holden, Earing, A.N.Other + Campbell

Upfront
Wilkinson, A.N.Other x 2

Coming together nicely.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that.

I can perhaps see Bates going out on loan and Osadebe having to play wide but it’s shaping up nicely so far.

Obviously that second CB and Forward is so crucial for us to start dreaming…

2 Likes