Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

Soon be xmas :man_shrugging:

I wonder if Saddler is a clear choice as manager if he was I’m sure he could have been given the role by now. Hence I suspect a.n. Other to be appointed.
For the record I would be happy for Saddler be part of the set up, and like most would love ROK involved even in a part time consultancy role.

1 Like

Agree with this. If he was getting it it would’ve happened by now so i don’t think it’s him.

Btw I’ve set myself right up here….if he gets it and fails I’m gonna be more accountable on here than he is :rofl::rofl:

It’s just my preference because I don’t fancy any of the others more than anything else!!

4 Likes

Whoever gets it will fail just longevity
may vary.

3 Likes

I really don’t have a strong preference for any of the candidates. I think based on Trivela’s statement it is more likely to be a young, ‘unproven’ Head Coach rather than a more traditional Manager, which probably rules out the likes of Cowley and maybe even Artell.

I reckon Collins is most likely, followed by Sadler, Phillips and Deeney.

1 Like

Ticket office closed between 10:30 and 12:30 today. Could be nothing, but could be something :eyes:

4 Likes

Agree

Get ready for a lot of “underwhelmed” on this thread…

Bring back the graydon years

4 Likes

…and “cheap option” in liberal doses.

:rofl: :rofl:

Scary thing is that Pomlett basically appointed Dutton because in his own opinion Dutton fulfilled those two points you listed.

Sadler starts as badly as Dutton did and he’d be gone by November at the latest.

Flynn to me had to work out so I think that’s the problem now with next managerial appointment, even the proven options feel like gambles with the state of club.

Lowest bar is you have to appoint someone in May 2023 and have complete confidence they’ll do the job well enough to still be in situ in May 2024.

3 Likes

I worked with his brother at an haulage firm many moons ago, nice chap.

Closed for Liam Gordon’s birthday party or training Monthe, Kins, Wilko, Labadie, White, etc. on how to work in the ticket office.

2 Likes

Perhaps they’re being interviewed !

Could be giving staff a heads up prior to Open Letter 2

2 Likes

Batten down the hatches.

I think that’s a good call. A full team meeting (as in club staff, not “team” team) would be very valid and a potentially good way to start the week and start the off-season properly, with a view to improving customer experience in every way when the new season starts.

3 Likes

They probably haven’t got any cover for lunch so they’re closing it. Having said that I wish I could have 2 hours lunch break :grinning:

A new shipment of drawstring bags to unpack?

2 Likes