Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

Very good managers developing decent players. How is that down to the system and not the very good manager?

I understand it’s good to have a system in place (more as a safety net for when/if it goes wrong, some kind of continuity which we haven’t had, possibly improving a youth system and giving a pathway for youngsters, something else we’ve missed which is why I think it’s perfectly fine to talk about reform)

But managers working with and improving players? Surely that’s more down to the right manager using his talent rather than some mastermind of the club.

Because he wouldn’t be under a new manager. So it would be offset by leaving.

Biggest narcissist I’ve ever seen. Just ignore him mate

1 Like

Or Sadler has just basically lied

It’s one of them that will either be a huge success or a complete disaster there won’t be any inbetween very risky move by the club and I can’t see the majority of the fans being happy with it.
He gets my support as would anyone else but he wouldn’t have been in my top 5 for this job.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: more richness.

Is this the longest ever UTS post?!! Best to keep them short - it’s hard to find the motivation to read such long posts, even if what you write is good - I can’t be arsed to find out!

1 Like

About what?

His own belief on what he can deliver?

I’m not sure he went into an interview process telling everyone what he can and can’t do whilst knowing he can’t!! He at least would believe completely in himself.

Upto you mate.

It was long because of the references to other posts, not because of what I wrote.

No problem if you can’t be bothered. But if it was good you’ve missed out :rofl::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Pom: Matt, your budget this year will be about middle of the road for a league 2 budget.

Sadler : I will get us up, dont you worry

Pom: You’re hired

3 Likes

FFS - can we please appoint a manager soon so that we can move on to other important subjects such as who we might want to sign but have, in reality, Norfolk n chance!

What I said was ‘draining’ was people bigging up every appointment and every single signing, shouting down anyone with a reservation and then being the first to turn.

Its not positive. Its not negative.

2 Likes

I wasnt disagreeing with you. I was adding my own observation to your comment. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah that happened :roll_eyes:

If it is Sadler….

Announce Pomlett giving a passive aggressive pre-meditated reply about it being the cheap option

:joy:

2 Likes

Sounds like it did happen

Doubt the Cowley’s were interviewed but if they were they’ve always worked at clubs with decent budgets for the level’s they’ve been at e.g. Lincoln signing James Wilson on 2 and a half year deal when they were non league.

Alexander also had good budget at Scunthorpe when they were in league 1 and obviously Salford.

I agree budget isn’t always the guarantee but when Steve Evans goes into clubs he usually signs 10 new players and that worked out for Stevenage. It’s hard to get promoted with backup like Williams, Abraham, DJT and Cashman anyway which were basically the cover strikers up to early January.

I’m not happy with Sadler if it’s true, he should have gone with Flynn imo but hey ho I’m not going to get worked up about it. He’ll still have my full support - well, for the first 10/20 games at least.

1 Like

An improvement in the youth system could mean better access for that manager to work with a higher standard of youth prospect. An improvement in the way the club recruits, scouts and acts in the market (contingency etc) can improve the standard of players that manager can sign for the first team. Even the best manager will be hamstrung by the way a club works, as evidenced since Smith left Walsall.

2 Likes

If I’ve been set up, i will be going down the vets tonight :tired_face:

4 Likes