No Nobhead Policy - DK the 4 way

I don’t know what special has Morgan, but I see there are strikers in the club, according to rule ‘two players for every position’. Now only the best players should play and I don’t know if he is the best possible option. In January he was nearly sold, only another transfer failed to materialise and he stayed. I don’t care if he liked some post on FB or not, that’s irrelevant. I just don’t think he can produce some brilliance, but of course I can be mistaken.

2 Likes

I might be wrong, but I think he got man of the match in one of our very few wins, against Fleetwood, and he was certainly instrumental in one of the goals.

(All that said, I thought he was dreadful in that match and spending more time wrestling with opposition players than looking where the ball was!:joy:)

Edit: and anyway, I don’t want to become the ferrier fan club. I think he’s been atrocious most of the time, but I also think that, as a player making a big step up from non league and obviously with some “personality issues”, he’s been badly mismanaged. We’ll only know that if a different manager gets more out of him

I need to set aside a chunk of time to read all this. I’ve got as far as reading Mark’s. An enjoyable read so far.

One thing I’ve learned - there’s no league for the “reserve team”. When did this get culled and why?

Yeah seems like the stiffs have died.

Your Ferrier badge is in the post🤣

2 Likes

Surprisingly enough I agree with most of the points made by 3 of the 4 contributors…well done lads.

It probably won’t fit

And yet folk on here where ■■■■■■■ over him turning down a move on deadline day not so long ago? give him a break booing our own players will not help the position we are in he may have fell out with keates who knows but we will see what he does now and judge him accordingly.

1 Like

At least it gives a bit of hope for the final few games,if Ferrier and other players didn’t get on with Keates,maybe they will play with a bit more passion or freedom now he’s gone.

Then he should show it on the pitch, not basically jumping for joy on social media and letting every fan know that he was glad he had been sacked.

I just think it lacked a lot of class.

5 Likes

That was his point I think Dan,he wasn’t getting any chances to show it on the pitch.Whether it was down to his attitude or Keates just thought Gordon was better.

Talking of a lack of class…

That pitchside interview between MOC and Bonser was appalling.

I think it was a powerplay from Bonser saying ‘I’m in charge here now’.

Keates was a Mole/Gamble appointment.

7 Likes

Yep. Whoever comes in next will be a ‘Bonser appointment’.

1 Like

Think if O’Connor keeps us up he will get the job on a 1year contract

Depends how he keeps us up Gav,if its just pure luck, he won’t, if he change’s the tactics and a good proportion of the team and gets the results, then he may well get the job.But if he does,he will need to get rid of all the backroom staff,which might be a problem,it will be expensive paying all their contracts up.

If he wins 3 of the remaining games it will have nothing to do with pure luck.

If he can get 3 wins out of that mob he deserves the job.

2 Likes

With Uncle Jeff being so desperate, I would imagine the conversation went along the lines of … “keep us up Mart, and the jobs yours”

2 Likes

I can see the clamour for giving MOC the job if we stay up but I honestly think we need an experienced, positive appointment.

We need to break the cycle of cheap internal appointments from within.

I’d be inclined to agree, but I also think you should only lose a position if you deserve it. What do you say to O’Connor? Cheers mate, back to being someones lacky?

Say we do win 3 of the last 5, or win 2 and draw 2. Bonsor would be a very brave man to discard a club legend after that.

Chances are it won’t come to that anyway though.