No Nobhead Policy - DK the 4 way

O’Driscoll’s appointment could well have been viewed at the time as “experienced and positive”, and look at how that turned out.

I think that’s a misnomer. I could equally say look at Keates and whitney…

I think on the balance of probabilities you’re going to be more successful (probably) with a Hurst - than a MOC, Whitney, or Keates…

Surely, if he achieves staying up, he deserves a crack at the job rather than just assuming he isn’t and chucking him in with two failed campaigners?

He might not even want the job to be fair. He knows how ruthless management is, why take his eye off the academy he’s doing well with and risk that going backwards for a crack at this job?

3 Likes

True he does deserve a crack if he pulls it off but we don’t know what has been said behind closed doors.
For all we know MOC might have told Jeff he will see it out this season, as some sort of loyalty to the club, and then said I am off.

The thing that gets me is that he has already been part of a management team here, and that didn’t go to well? don’t get me wrong i hope he is successful, and maybe because this time he is his own man and not a number 2, he may be a good manager.

1 Like

Exactly, this is why I don’t suddenly see a ‘new manager bounce’ as it is the same old faces, same old voices, just one less.

1 Like

Well that’s true enough. He’d certainly have earned the right to make that decision.