O’Connor until the end of the season

If we are relegated this will be no criticism of O’Connor he and some new faces can only be heroes.

4 Likes

I’m not 100% on this but I think the suspension for accumulation of 10 yellows only runs up to the 37th match, so I think Gordon will be available for Saturday.

It’s difficult to see how we are staying up given that those stats are us. Not bad runs, that is this team. August was form. Since then that is their level of talent.

Thought we may have had some kind of rallying call from O’Connor today . Just to give us a bit of encouragement and hope for the weeks to come.

1 Like

MOC has been there and witnessed the last five games under his stewardship.lost all four… I just hope Chris Hutinson is coming back- when will WFC learn… then MOC will be on WM next season. This club or your club is a JOKE.

Dunn is not league 1 quality otherwise the man who brought him in would have given him a chance given Roberts form of late.

Is Slinn worth a chance or would it destroy Roberts’ confidence completely? I wonder whether a bold move might kick start the season.
Not the same, I know, but Burnley’s season reignited after a couple of key changes to personnel and fortune favours the brave.

Looking at our goals against column, it can’t get much worse…

As much as I want it to work,it’s mind blowing to believe we now have a WM drive time guest managing the club :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Good luck Skip. Your going to need it. Again like the rest of the fans i’m worried your legendary status will be tarnished… maybe make you Head of our faltering Youth Academy after this season, that way you could keep your reputation and stay at the bezla ?? Whatever happens I know you will give your best, you would always get in my all time best saddlers eleven… How we could do with MOC the player now !!

2 Likes

Your point is absolutely valid. It is the area that he needs to work on. He doesn’t ask enough questions of his markers and needs to vary things. It’s not correct to say that a big man can’t do it. Trevor Benjamin was the master of it. The fact that he did it 1 or 2 times out of 10 put the seed of doubt in a defender’s mind.

However, there were times on Saturday when there were clear opportunities to play better balls into him, whether it was in the air or to feet. We were playing more like that at the start of the season and we know how things were then.

I don’t know if it’s chicken or egg. I don’t know whether Cook has been relatively coasting and the delivery has deteriorated or that the delivery was lacking and Cook started to lose a little interest.

Why anybody would be against this I’m absolutely baffled by. Who realistically is going to take this job on with a few games to go? You’d have to be ■■■■■■■ mental.

At least he knows the players and seems to be a big character around the place.

Watch the fans get on his back as well despite the fact he’s been given a mission Tom Cruise would probably shy away from.

3 Likes

I doubt that many people will get on his back. We all know it is a difficult ask, and people know which backs they need to be on.

1 Like

No I fully agree it’s the only option, but what a position the club has landed itself in! That was more my point.

1 Like

Know whose backs they need to be on? The fans fall for it every time. Keates & Whitney bore the brunt, as will O’Connor and any other manager who loses a few games.

Christ, some people still think Smith did a bad job!

Keates had a very easy ride from the fans. Most supported him, even when they knew he wasn’t up to the job.

And I did say “many people”.

4 Likes

By many people I assume you mean the 20 or so odd that contributed to the “protest”?

Yeah he did while he was winning. Because he was winning. Last few weeks everything he’s said has been criticised, rightly or wrongly. And the same happened with Whitney. And the same will happen with any manager.

Because “many” of the fans fall for it every time.

I’d be very surprised if people rounded on Martin over the final five games, unless there was clearly profound disconnect with reality.

I think everyone knows the task ahead and the long-term issues are here to stay, but the short-term problem is our survival. I think we can and will survive now.

4 Likes

You would expect a wide range of views on a football message board.

Overall, in my view, Keates has been well supported, even though his record, following a promising start, has been proven to be worse than his predecessor, who in my view was unfairly treated by a very vocal minority.

2 Likes

I’d be ■■■■■■■ amazed.

1 Like

They were treated exactly the same way. Everything they said criticised despite being mostly common sense. It’s weird that some people are so defensive of Whitney, now 2 managers ago, yet so blinkered when it comes to Keates.