Offer for Knowles

Your completely right and i think he would be open to advice or mentoring. It might point to a lack of discipline within the squad, a lack of senior pros within the squad, especially in his position could nip it in the bud. He should be taken aside and coached back to his earlier form. He has show that he loves being at the club and its a shame because i feel if he had abit of a bollocking we could see improvements. It doesnt work for some players but would for him. The way he exposes Riley is criminal, I would hate to be isolated on the right with him sat forward.

I know its fanciful and probably unwise but I think we should have signed Lalkovic if only as an energetic and dynamic alternative to Knowlesā€¦ I also think we miss Oteh!

Knowles is irritating but we should keep him. He is dangerous.

3 Likes

The main problem with Knowles is if he having an off game there is very little options off the bench or competition within the squad to challenge him

His contract expires next June but believe we have a years option on that which I imagine we would exercise to protect the value of the player.

1 Like

Not many of our former managers would have put up with his antics.

Sadler hinted at his displeasure with Knowles giving away the free-kick on Tuesday. It was completely gratuitous.

1 Like

He could be a threat, but isnā€™t producing consistently enough for me.

1 Like

He is the type of player who is inconsistent or borderline poor for us but in the right team with the right manger would excel in a higher divisionā€¦

Standby for ā€˜I told you soā€™sā€™ like with many of our other players :smile:

Unfortunately mate itā€™s part and parcel of the modern game, every club up and down the country have players that feign injuries or pressurise refs, something I really hate is the concussion ruling, I know itā€™s paramount that players are treated and given every precaution to ensure their safety but a lot feign head injuries knowing full well the ref will halt the game, this injury is so abused by players especially the premier prima donnas. I think they should be booked at the very least when its obvious they are acting but until rules change this will continue and I hate all the grappling and pulling by players at corners etc, if refs started giving penalties more often it might control it better, itā€™s like watching tag wrestling, barmy !!! Perhaps Dame Biggins Omlette has been mentoring Knowles and all the other prima donnas in the fine art of pantomime, oh yes he has, oh no he hasnā€™t, heā€™s behind you. :joy:

4 Likes

The best way to stop this is by all head injuries to be assessed off the pitch for 10 minutes before being allowed to return to the pitch. This safeguards the health of concussed players and stops this play acting due to the time they will be off the pitch.

5 Likes

Sadly for the beautiful game it is true, I despise the feigning of injuries and this is where an official on sidelines should make the call to call on the physio immediately but allow play to continue especially if the play is in the other half, the ref could always blow up if it does come back towards where player is having treatment. How many times have you seen the defending team break away quickly from defending a corner and an opposing player has gone down holding his head ? He knows it will stop the attack up other end, this is a situation where the physio should be able to run onto field and play allowed to continue, if player is faking it then heā€™ll think twice knowing play is going to be allowed to continue.

I find Knowles irritating because of his constant falling over and hobbling around, then when he realises nobody is taking any notice he starts running around without any sign of an injury.
His finishing also leaves a lot to be desired too as does his habit of lunging in usually resulting in a foul.
In fairness heā€™s passionate about playing and seems very happy at Walsall.
I fail to see how MS hasnā€™t noticed his antics and put a stop to it yet because we see the same thing every match.

3 Likes

Mandatory 5 mins off the pitch for medical checks if claiming a head injury.

Edit: I didnā€™t see Tinned post when I wrote this. What he said.

1 Like

Got great hair though and looks well lush in his retro shirt

1 Like

Indeed yes itā€™s not all bad

Iā€™ve often thought about it and wondered whether it would work. Iā€™m not sure, the problem with football is that the play can be down one end but a punt up the field could put player and physio into the zone, so to speak. It works in Rugby League as far as I know, but they move the ball upfield differently.

Itā€™s an interesting thought, but I donā€™t see it working. The easiest way would be if managers and players stopped cheating. How is that for naivety on my part? :crazy_face:
I think what @tinned says about having to go off for a ten minute assessment is worth trying.

Heā€™s got a look of Arthur Shelby about him. Only needs a nice moustache :smiley:

5 Likes

I lived on Saltash Road, Keyham (not far from the Avondale Pub if itā€™s still there) 40 odd years ago!

I am a bit disappointed with the explanation for the origin of Pennycomequick though.

I always imagined it might be something to do with a strumpet called Pennyā€¦

Too often the end product is lacking. His delivery from free kicks also leaves a lot to be desired. He is currently no better than lower League 2 levelā€¦which is very apt!!

1 Like

I met a Penny once she never came quick said I had the wrong technique when calling her to cross the road

2 Likes