Offer for Knowles

It is still there, and your right. 40yrs ago I would of expected ‘Penny’ to have done shifts in the Avondale with her Baps out, such was the theme of that boozer. Its still there but its a Para reg pub now and all the barmaids wear clothes…

If your drinking around the Dockyard Its all about the Keyham these days, or the RNA… Although im sure you know all about that oppo :wink:

Didnt know its been a para pub for years…

https://youtu.be/wCca8NsTXNU?si=eRuxNZ_rYy1ZnR5v

1 Like

Yes my missis can be at times but your can’t just get rid because of that ” BOSH “ :star_struck: she’s dangerous as well !!!

Twas a boozer for dockyard workers back in the day.

That would be about 1980/81.

The landlady back then was from Goscote, she picked up on my accent as I was ordering my first pint in there.
She could certainly handle any lairy customers!

Lock ins weren’t unknown, remember seeing military police in there, with jackets over their uniforms enjoying an illicit beer.

1 Like

If knowles was a better player I would look past his antics eg mckirdy , lalkovic
But is a very poor footballer who’s pace gets him a Look in at league 2 level
Take away boys pace what level would he be at - counties level?

I think Knowles is a better player we or himself gives any credit for. IMO theres a good footballer locked in there that could be a league 1 player for sure. Hes got a lot to work on crossing , picking out the right pass etc but i think he trys too hard too impress because of form, league positioning and a mix between loss of confidence and knowing the fans are getting restless with him. Yeh he frustrates the hell out of me with his diving and petulant attitude to the point where im uttering to myself F OFF knowles but when i sit back and look he wasnt like that last season well not as bad and hes a player who gives 100% and wants too win at all costs. His attitude and diving is down to the management and coaching having a quiet word with him these are sorted out we could have a good league two player on our hands.

3 Likes

He’s cack. No ifs, buts or maybes.

McDonald was better
Lalkovic , zaboob, forde a lot better
Julian grey, brandy , marco reich or Paterson would make knowles look Sunday league
Knowles is lucky to be a league footballer at all

1 Like

Even Knowles’s dives are non-league.

flat caps // razor blades — Lion Tamer - Arthur

:joy:

5 Likes

I would only rate Patterson and Brandy over Knowles.

Thats interesting, not Forde or Milan? Id put Kieron Morris on par with him. And hes slighty better than Daryl Taylor…

In defence of Knowles who can be very good. His corners in the last 2 games have been excellent. He laid on the goal for Hutchinson at Shrewsbury and hit the post against Harrogate. He is not as bad as some make out. He needs to cut out the silly antics though and if he does he can serve us well.

3 Likes

Julian Gray was a lot better than Knowles is, I think. He played a huge part in the Dean Smith Great Escape, I’m sure he was top scorer that season.

7 Likes

Eaxctly but some people cant see the wood for the trees , i think theres a decent footballer inside knowles waiting to be unlocked , he cack , sell him , id give him away for free , ill drive him there myself , two years later when hes left - we all knew knowles was a good player juat took a good coach to iron out his rough edges , what we would give now for a winger like knowles :man_shrugging:

Its a viscious cycle every year where one player gets unfairly targeted by certain group of fans

Knowles isn’t unfairly targeted
His silly antics bring it upon himself

1 Like

Knowles is unfairly targeted and you know it hes not thr worst player we got by a country mile , yeah ive admitted he is frustrating one of the most frustrating ive seen in a long time in a walsall shirt and his silly antics need to stop but certain people cant see past hes one of the only ones who can change a game for us and if his antics stop he could be a decent if not good and dangerous player at our level

Knowles has some attributes.

The narrative last season that Flynn started with the “we’ve just signed the best player in the National league” was complete nonsense.

Neither his history or performances warranted the immediate adulation and hero worship that fans suddenly bestowed on him.

I got slaughtered for pointing it out from day one.

Hes quick. That in itself gives him a chance. He’s not so quick that teams are terrified of him though and he’s not clever enough for his pace to be a problem to teams. Too many times we have players looking up waiting and hoping he’s gonna run behind so we can play passes that require him to use his pace and trouble teams, yet he stands still and wants it played to him.

Whether we agree or not, there has been a change in how we play this season. Last season his best games came when he played up front or a high WB role and our direct approach gave him things to chase. This season it’s been more measured and required more football intelligence and while it’s benefited players like Hutchinson it’s made life harder for someone like Knowles.

Unfortunately the parts of his game that require improvement are probably the parts of his game least likely to improve and least likely to be able to be helped by coaches and coaching….intelligence, decision making and the ability for everything to slow down in his minds eye allowing him to be composed rather than becoming a blur and resulting in rushed end product.

As I’ve said, the best thing he can do is simplify his game. He has three assists all of a similar nature…one touch and early low crosses. If he complicates it any further than that he’s going to continue to be ineffective.

4 Likes

Until Knowles can connect his brain to his legs then he will be what he is.

4 Likes

Knowles isn’t a teenager. He it at his football prime age wise
He is most likely set in his ways and any coaching will have a minimal impact
The only way knowles would look better is if we either play exactly to his game or had better players around him to make him look better
The knowles we have now is the best he will be ,

I think I have the answer to the Danny Johnson And Tom
Knowles problem . they completely train alone together .Dan shows Tom how to stop running around like a head less chicken a play one touch football .And Tom learns Dan how to run about all over the place and achieve nowt

1 Like