Oisin McEntee Signs

It must be great to live your life with such an optimistic approach :grin:

4 Likes

He looks like a promising player, probably a first team starter too. Good luck and many good games with a clean sheet.

I had an optimistic approach the other day when we signed a player you could demonstrably say was any good. Banging on about this being a fantastic signing is utterly bizarre to me when this is more a hopeful one than expectation.

I think his first name is Oisin.

Otherwise, a big strong lad, young and in a position where we need cover.

Two good signings so far.

1 Like

Think he could be a bit of a saucy player!!

As long as heā€™s tasty in the tackle, thatā€™s all that matters.
Can he be added to the Tasty XI too?

Long as he doesnā€™t duck out of challenges

2 Likes

Der der der osin McEnteeā€¦

I understand a ball playing centre half with good pedigree was one of Flynnā€™s priorities, hence his interest in Pask (assume that one is dead now).

Looks a good signing! :clap:

Welcome to Walsall, Oisin.

1 Like

Good luck to him, I canā€™t be too excited over this one and think he will be the 4th defender of the 3 but we will see.

1 Like

He comes across very well in his interview.

https://youtu.be/Y0nKkDzrW_c

1 Like
1 Like

For a signing announced midday on a Friday, that came out of the blue, this is an impressive turnaround from those involved!

1 Like

I heard the U23 release list last night on the radio and was surprised him, Tom Allen, and Regan Thomson were released, and thought thereā€™s three that could do a job for us thatā€™ll no doubt end up somewhere else.

3 Likes

Exactly what I think too. The Scottish Championship is probably Lower League 1 / League 2 level, but heā€™ll have had plenty of experience dealing with proper mens football. Ready to push on now with WFC.
Welcome Oisin, hope you do well with Walsall & then get sold on for a stonking feeā€¦

Itā€™s absolutely nowhere near. Some of the clubs are semi pro. Lower SPL is more like League One/Two, Scottish Championship is National League/Regional. Ash Taylor running the defence for the league winners is everything you need to know about that standard.

This is definitely a step up for him.

3 Likes

Sounds like a lad wanting to get stuck in. You donā€™t get to play for Irelandā€™s U-23 team if your useless.
Welcome to Walsall Oisin.

1 Like

Heā€™s got a background in GAA, I donā€™t think heā€™ll have any problems with the physical side of things.

Wonder where this leaves Mayonaise?

2 Likes

Open to offers, I reckonā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing in the squad. If you want to play with three central defenders, you need at least one, but better two players, able to cover injuries/suspensions or bad form periods.