Oisin McEntee Signs

I think that this was the same injury that Rico had when we were playing at Boundary Park. That was quite long term as I recall.

3 Likes

That was a recurrence - he originally popped it in the league game away at Preston the season before (looked a foul - heā€™s lying there in agony, and the ref let them play on and score the winner :roll_eyes:).

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine they would have popped his shoulder back in pretty soon afterwards and the op is to try to stop it coming out again, so theyā€™d want to wait for any swelling to go down first before doing it.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t it a collision with that nasty Scott Laird?

1 Like

Might explain the signing of Clarke.
We need 5 centre backs if playing 3 at the back.

White, Monthe, Daniel, Menayese and McEntee(Clarke)

A tactical foul then?

Ramos vibes!

My favourite Laird moment when he was at Walsall was the Oxford game (when Makris scored a worldie!)

They had a big winger that went in late on McCarthy to rough him up. Marvin Johnson I think. Anyway Lairdy came rushing over pushing and wagging his finger.

The next 50-50, Laird absolutely steam rollered Johnson. At half time, Laird winked at McCarthy and put his arm around him.

Iā€™m expecting similar chithousery from Clarke this season. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Love stuff like that :grin:

I loved Scotty Laird. Never got anything less than 110% that 1st loan spell he was fantastic and to this day I still dont know why we didnt sign him for the following season. I know for a fact he wanted to come back. I personally think that Whitney didnt like how popular was with the fans.

3 Likes

Gordon and Earing now out too - have we got enough to put out a team against Villa?

1 Like

Eh? Have I missed something?

In the E&S article about Gordonā€™s injury:

Jack Earing is also currently out with a small issue. Flynn added: ā€œJack has a slight bit of inflammation on his Achilles, so itā€™s nothing too serious.ā€

1 Like

Cheers, I hadnā€™t read that. Glad itā€™s not serious.

A lovely piece in the E&S today where Sads seems to allude to McEntee continuing to play in midfield, questioning his positional sense to play certainly in a back 4.

I like seeing him play there.

1 Like

Iā€™m more than happy to be proved wrong but I really do worry if weā€™re going into the season playing 3 centre halves with a 4th in front of them in midfield. If that is going to be the case, we really need some attacking flare in there as well as Hutch in there, rather than a Stirk/Comley type. 2 CDMā€™s in front of 3 centre halves became next to unbearable to watch last season.

2 Likes

Spot on.

Eeesh looks like itā€™s here to stay. Doesnā€™t improve us with the ball by any stretch of the imagination, and isnā€™t really an improvement on what we had without the ball last year.

Performances were overblown last year simply because it was ā€œsomething differentā€

What I really donā€™t understand is the one time he was genuinely impressive ā€¦ was as a third centre half :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a massive risk, I think he had good energy but not the the required quality.

Hope Iā€™m wrong but , would we really want a partnership of McEntee and Comley?

Should of held onto Kinsella

Massive reservations from me if its a back 5 and then a midfield two of say McEntee/Stirk/Comley.

We do not need to have so many defensive minded players in the team, and its the trap we have fallen into over the last 4 years in this division - way too conservative. BB in his letters, talked about front foot aggressive attacking football - I donā€™t see how that happens if you have essentially 8 defensive minded players, and just 3 attack minded players.

I really hope Sadler looks at something more like the 2nd half against Leamington, with just the one sitter, and then 2 more forward creative players in front. The whole point of 3 at the back is that you have that extra insurance in there.

That said, itā€™s just a pre season game, and what matters is when we kick off. I just really hope we donā€™t fall into the negative defensive trap again. I am bored of it.

I know this is a bit of fishingā€¦

But god no, Kinsella is exactly the opposite of what we need. We have Stirk/Comley and McEntee competing for that defensive minded role. We do not need another Kinsella type - we need someone who can think about going forwards.