Old photos of Fellows Park

You mean Raymond Morris?

1 Like

Sorry Steve yes :woman_facepalming: i got constable and Gainsborough mixed up the other day :rofl:

1 Like

Gainsborough never played for us.

3 Likes

It was rocking. Will never see a terrace that packed again. And probably a good job too.

One of the few times that a Walsall home crowd was a constant roar rather than a collection of hundreds of voices.

Preston at home in the JPT semi was as close as it has got in recent years.

Maybe it’s a semi final thing.

2 Likes

I was at the Preston game but was only 3 years old in 1984 so obviously couldn’t make that one but watching that video and listening to my dads accounts of the Liverpool game he like you said pretty much the same it was an atmosphere he will never ever forget.

Was in my first year at university that season so missed Arsenal and Liverpool away. Came back for this and yes - the atmosphere was incredible - but so disappointing. Rush was superb that night though.

3 Likes

Amazing

The Stoke play-off game felt like that (also a semi).

2 Likes

Have we had a Turner?

Aye, the keeper in the 70s. No wonder his other clubs were Grimsby and Southampton, he liked the sea, the stormier the better.

2 Likes

Think he went on to work in the oil industry too.

Hay wain elsewhere and did better…

Tony Lowery was with us for half a dozen games early 80’s when it was a bit quiet painting matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs

Pollock played for us in the 70’s , but he was a bit slap dash.

Colin Taylor also was useful with a brush.

And he seems to be making a success of it too. Sadly he has given up painting cannonballs.

Seems we overlooked Ian Turner when we were naming F A cup winners who appeared for us. He did before and after.

No, I mentioned him (and John Osborne) in my first post when I started the thread. :smiley:
It was mention of those two when someone wrote about the “seven keepers” season that started me thinking about it.

1 Like

4 Likes

@Yorkred can you remember where we were when we found out Mackay had buggered off? in fact i think it was you that found out and told the rest of us :grin:

No. But I’ll have a guess on Ryhl.

1 Like