Oldham Athletic (A) Tuesday 15th Dec, 7.00pm

Want revenge on this lot , for all them ■■■■ car batteries they palmed off on me in the 60s/70s.

Various Marinas,Hunters,Imps and Minis came to grief.

2 Likes

Should’ve told em not Oldham! :rofl:

Be happy with a point at the very least. A win though against another form team would really boost confidence and could really get us into the next level we need to be a force to be reckoned with . Most anticipated game of the season for me.

Oldham Athletic 0 Walsall 0

At Boundary Park
They clear snow in the dark
For the men from the ‘Land of the Giants’
Darrell Clarke’s ugly crew
Have found something new
They’re outmuscling teams in defiance

Of the EFL law
Which clearly foresaw
That the likes of Bolton must win
Unless other reams cheat
They must fall to defeat
So Norman elbowed a man in the chin!

I’m having a beer
iFollow’s quite near
The Saddlers are all wearing mittens
It’s bleeding cold there
But I don’t care
Here the weather’s much warmer than Britain’s.

If we don’t attack
DC will take flak
And we try to play with endeavour
Hoofball’s passé
And we try to outplay
But tonight that falls foul of the weather.

On this cold winter’s night
The Latics give us a fright
Was their goal offside or no?
Apparently it was
Thank goodness it was
Then McDonald could have stolen the show.

However, he missed
I was right ■■■■■■
The Giants had missed out again
Two wins in a row
The third we forgo
And we’re still outside the top ten.

8 Likes

You’re wasted on here hkpete :+1:

1 Like

How us lot here in the North are missing the opportunity to watch annual ‘local’ games! Though the dire, almost embarrassing 2-0 drubbing we got last year, coupled with a parking ticket for ‘daring’ to park in one of their streets! (almost as bad as whistling on a Tuesday!) would make me think twice if we were even able to attend. They have an enormous half empty car park in front of the ground where we all used to park happily, but for some bizarre reason have made this available to home fans only, so I would love us to beat the barstewards!
They are greatly improved of late, as have we of course, so bar any defensive calamities, I predict another ‘desmond’. They score for fun lately and we have remembered how to score…thankfully.

Not much use for tomorrow, but there is a free car park not far from the current “away” end - just across the park/playing fields.

I see the referee who is unknown to me has issued 40 yellows and 5 reds in just 13 games!!! The EFL have obviously realised our brutish team needs dealing with :wink:

I think I was on that bus Blazing - we didn’t even bother going in the ground - straight to the pub as we were 3 down when we arrived

I was in the ground early, and wanted to go home, and it was bloody cold :joy:

From the Miners in Rushall I think it was mate.

Might whack a tenna on a red card in the game then :wink:

1 Like

Hate this fixture!! Mid December freezing cold , I can only see a defeat unfortunately.

Nearly as bad as Wigan as a venue for untold misery. Must have been a dozen times and seen us win twice. Walter Otta scoring when we won 2-0 under Sir Ray and Scott Dann and Michael Ricketts with goals in another 2-0 win in a year that was destined for a similar outcome until Money was cut off at the knees a month later.

Other than those it has been awful. My first trip same as Blazing. That 3-0 loss. Walsall fans leaving the ground after 15 minutes. Was bonfire night which added to an absolute pea souper of a fog as we headed down the M6.

The 1-0 defeat here in 15/16 after a Pennington error and a Hiwula miss will always be the game in that season which cost us in my opinion. They were poor but we gifted them a goal.

Tonight? 1-1.

2 Likes

I’d snap your hands off for a 1-1 :blush:

1 Like

I seem to recall a 1-1 there about 10 years ago.It sticks in my mind because as me and the son-in-law(a Manchester City fan) walked up to the gates a steward directed me to the OAP gate.He was right but until then I always thought I looked much younger!!! A big blow to my self esteem!.I haven’t been since!!
I was there when Otta scored and also remember in the sixties or seventies we had a run of victories there usually by 4 something!!!
I have already forecast a 1-1 so I will stick by that.

1 Like

I have been to Oldham and Wigan loads of times and never once seen us win.
Watching tonight on Ifollow so hope it breaks the duck !
I always want a win, but I would be happy with a draw tonight.

1 Like

I only listen to the away games but have found all the games a big help during this awful period.( I watch the home matches)

Didn’t we batter Wigan in the Battle of Springfield Park? Sure, we surrendered 3-0 on the pitch but that wasn’t the main event.

Yeah, I know the patch you mention, it is the Council car park for all the football fields at that end of the ground.
I noticed last time I went past that it was completely empty, even though some (including me) were struggling to find a parking space.
Then I remembered some time years ago when there was a ‘mass’ issue of parking tickets given out to folk using it for a match, I might be wrong? But somehow I have always avoided that patch.
Temperature up here quite reasonable at the moment, but I know it will be bloomin freezing at the ground tonight! Oh to be a pro footballer eh?