Oldham Athletic (A) Tuesday 15th Dec, 7.00pm

Would probably take a draw as they aren’t in bad form, have lost to Tranmere and Scunthorpe in the last month, both at home too, so there’s definitely a defeat in them. Think we’ll sneak it 2-1.

1 Like

No signs up on it saying it’s private or whatever, and never had any issues (used it several times). Used to street park in the nearby housing estate but that is all “residents only” now. Did park up on the main road at the top of the hill a couple of times (there are stretches without yellow lines), but then found the car park …

In normal times, I would have been working at our Manchester office this week (and staying over) and that is just off the Oldham Road so just a short trip to the Sportsdirect.com stadium - or could even do it on the Metro.

One of my colleagues up there told me that his dad used to take him to watch Oldham (amongst other local sides) in the early 70s and the thing he remembered most was that the tannoy announcer always played the same 2-3 songs before kick off, one of which was Mouldy Old Dough. I’ve been twice since he told me that - and they are still playing it now! :rofl:

1 Like

Lovely day. Oh to be setting off over the Pennines in a couple of hours or so (despite the nightmare traffic near Leeds). I always park in the side streets on the far side of the dual carriageway opposite B & Q. Only a few minutes walk and an easy getaway afterwards to the motorway.

1 Like

This is a tough one to call. I’ve been chatting to an Oldham fan about it and he is saying the same.

Oldham are blowing hot and cold; crap one game then great the next.

Let’s hope the crap one turns up tonight.

I hope we intend to show these Northerners what the West Midlands is all about.
If we can maintain our form over the last two games we should be in good shape.
Going on a decent winning streak will give everyone a boost.

shameless plug again sorry

Still optimistic about our chances of a win this evening!

1 Like

Which would be quite easy

5 Likes

Be happy with a point tonight think we might nick it though 2-1 Saddlers

I don’t know, that Bolton commentary killed all my enthusiasm for any game … . Draw is a good starting point, but all three points wouldn’t be bad. But will be rotation, I’m guessing.

Ch-cha-changes…

Just the one. Flash in for Osadebe.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this tonight. Has the penny dropped with DC? Whats that one change in three starting 11’s.

3 Likes

I think he’s finally found his strongest line up :pray:

2 Likes

Managed to stay up all day just to watch this, will end up with about 3 hours sleep before work. Hope it’s worth it

1 Like

Rose; Norman, Clarke, Scarr, Jules; Holden, Kinsella, Bates, McDonald; Gordon, Adebayo

Substitutes: Roberts; White; Sinclair, Guthrie, Osadebe; Lavery, Scrimshaw

Depends whether everyone ends up with the right parcels I suppose!

Hope they have a good gew

Elsewhere … Morecambe 0 Leyton Orient 1 (18 min) - puts us up to 10th as things stand.

I’ll sort them into the right places, any misdeliveries are not my issue whilst I’m on nights :joy:

Wonder if the Bolton manager was watching that move

1 Like

The lad doing the commentary really is very good, I disagree with very little he says :+1:t2: