Oztumer joins Bolton

If the new rules are deterring others from living the high life, it might not have had the same effect on Bolton. It could be that they decided 12 points off was worth the risk when the prize was Premiership money. I suspect BluMarble know more than they’re saying for the moment.

That’s one of the reasons I think there’s more to it. Either that or Anderson’s lying-not impossible going by the comments under the article.

1 Like

Blow-tun Squanderers.

Tbf he’s probably made as much of if not more over the last two months than we could of payed him in a year.

Kind of explains why Bolton have issues!

As I understand it, the loan was made to support the continuing operations of the club, which is making a loss. The ongoing projections suggest further sizeable losses and thus more loans will be required in order to keep the club going. In those circumstances, I believe the creditor has decided enough is enough and better to draw the line now and potentially get a few pennies back rather than the club getting further and further into debt.

All that said, the chairman appears to be one of these who likes to play brinkmanship so I’m sure there’s more to it. Bottom line? Don’t p*ss off people who you owe lots of money to!

1 Like