Oztumer

Shhh don’t give Bury ideas when someone bails them out…

Was reading today when Sheff United signed Leon Clarke from them last year they couldn’t afford his 10k a week wages so had to give him extra year on proposed deal to make up the difference. That’s Sheffield United who at the time were top half in championship. Bury were also paying Tom Pope close to that figure aswell. Mental.

I don’t see how Gordon is keeping Hardy out of the team, unless you think we should be playing 1 up front (and Gordon isn’t that 1) and a number 10/AM behind him? Hardy has mainly played midfield not as a forward.

Depends who things shape up over the season. If the current formation is continued:

Kinsella and Sinclair will continue to be automatic starters you’d imagine and when fit again Guthire will be starting so I don’t see Hardy playing 20-30 games as part of that middle trio, more he’ll be pushed forward to support CF which will probably be in rotation.

Obviously if there’s a change to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 (didn’t the Bristol guys said DC was flexible in his approached and mixed up formations) then likes of Gordon and Adebayo can get their minutes out wide.

1 Like

As I’ve said on the match thread, think DC will persist with the 3 CH/wingback aporoach for the first few games, only changing (in game) if we are behind and chasing, or later on when we have established ourselves and can be a little bit freer in our formation and players like Hardy start games.

Has he been on holiday , it’s been quite civil for a while …:grinning:

1 Like

I see the entry about him signing for Shrewsbury has now been removed so I was right to be sceptical.

Yet another lesson that Wikipedia is OK in general as a starting point to a subject so long as you take it for what it is (an open access “What I Know Is …” written by any individual who want to make or contribute to an entry with “best efforts” editorial control by volunteers) but it is not a reliable source to quote in support of any point of view. I remember a few years back that the entry on Walsall FC (briefly) said we were formerly known as Walsall White Fang and had played at a stadium in Willenhall! :rofl:

He’s returned home

Ahh, wise young one I see.

Just call me @Thanatos or @JeefBoner

1 Like

There’s comments above that read like Ozzy held us back in some way, like we were somehow accommodating him. I appreciate some may not think he’d fit in to what DC wants but don’t get anyone knocking what he did while here. He was a rare talent who kept us from being in League 2 earlier.

My opinion…

Would we have got him? Of course not.

Would I want him? In a heartbeat, would walk into the team and be out best player by a country mile.

5 Likes

He has gone to Charlton so no Ozzy back at Bescot, end of story book return.

…and they all lived happily ever after…

1 Like

Glad for the lad that he is out of the mess at Bolton. I never understood why he went there as he is not a Phil Parkinson type of player.

I can understand why he went there. They pa …, wrong, they promised to pay him more. I hope this time it will be good choice, because it is the last, or one of the last chances to sign bigger deal.