PA Announcer. Half Time Compere

Agreed he failed to read the room at the start of the second half but he usually does a good job.

He’s a proper Walsall fan and a professional MC:

https://twitter.com/SimonHOfficial?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

3 Likes

He approach certainly does have an Nba, world wrestling federation feel about it. Maybe this is just a direction of travel and we have to get used to it

He is a Walsall fan so definitely does, he’s just a little over enthusiastic at times. He just got it wrong today. A thread on it though with everyone bashing him can’t be nice for him, wouldn’t be surprised if he comes on here.

I’m sure he got the hint.

4 Likes

Fair enough, personally I just don’t think it is required at all. Probably an age thing.

2 Likes

I don’t think shouting down the mic is needed either, he’s an announcer and he should do just that. But I don’t think we need a thread bashing the average person at their job.
This is probably one to send off to the SLO, constructively.

2 Likes

I think that’s true. I don’t like the shouting down the mic

The adjectives used above - “cringeworthy” and “embarrassing” - sum him up perfectly. Get rid!

I appreciate the club trying to do something to help build up atmosphere etc but the style just dosnt fit 4th division football!!!

I would say don’t make anything personal about this as it’s really unfair. As others have said he is a Walsall fan, a local lad and a nice lad too.

10 Likes

100% mate he is

Don’t like it.

Worse than a drum for trying to rally an atmosphere.

Don’t mind the fella. But the concept of a bloke with a microphone leading the chants - nah!

2 Likes

He’s the least of our worries really.

3 Likes

I agree mate if anybody is to blame for my awful day at the match today its them two security blokes at turnstile 18 who didn’t confiscate my pork pie and bag of scratchings and refuse me admission .

3 Likes

It must be such a tough job though. The majority of the time the atmosphere at home is dire and people genuinely don’t care about the announcements, half time entertainment etc. He does his best to try and bring something to the table other than reading everything verbatim.

He absolutely got it wrong today, but he wouldn’t be in his own in the respect!

2 Likes

Agree ridiculous thread theres a lot more wrong at the moment than this.

2 Likes

Jeez, don’t feed them any more ideas for goodness sake.

This is Walsall fans for you.

Manager has been serving up rubbish all season but let’s focus on this.

For the record he isn’t my cup of tea nor do I think he’s a patch on Drake or Bathurst. Both showed class and pride.

Rather the folks on at the PA guy focus on the underperforming manager

3 Likes

Just gorra say Bathurst absolutely top class bloke new Dave as a very young man and I’m no wipper snapper I can tell you .very lucky to have him at Walsall Fc .

Nice enough bloke but I find forced jollity a turn off.

The crossbar challenge is mildly entertaining but surely they could have three bags of Walsall ‘goodies’ to give on the pitch. A winners bag and two consolations. They could be presented by a player doing a warm up. A nice photo with Swifty et al for the programme/website and one forwarded to the contestants. Then a call for one more round of applause as they are invited to return to their seats rather than having to wander off looking rather bewidered.

2 Likes

Been to plenty of grounds where drums help the atmosphere, Stockport and Mansfield being two off the top of my head.

Our home atmospheres one of the worst in the league & it’s not just cos we are all fed up, it’s been crap since they made it all seater & added the upper tier.

2 Likes