Patience

There fixed that for you mate.
Amazing is it not, that those of us brave enough to admit that things are not going great so far are castigated as ‘moaners’.
You look back to our long stay in the 3rd Division and remember seeing the 4th Division as a last few minutes ‘filler’ on the Quests EFL show on a Saturday night and thinking " Aw shucks, they try so hard but they are really bad". Now we are in the thick of that purile crud and failing to even trouble the likes of Newport/Crawley/Crewe & can’t score.
Sure, I’ve got a load of patience and know that eventually we will see an improvement, but, with most of UTS all saying it’s OK things will improve and not to worry about the current plight, studiously commenting that “it’s only 5 games in” etc. We have failed to score in three games on the trot, I’d say that’s a pretty awful start, forgive me for a tad of pessimism as we languish at the bottom of the 4th Division!
Cue all the usual suspects suggesting I moan too much!!

3 Likes

And what’s the betting the 2 new faces we are about to sign will be as exciting as the others we’ve had NOT!!!..DC’s already said you have a one target two target three target here’s betting he signs target seven or eight guaranteed

You moan too much :wink:

Really hope thats not the case we need proven quality in the final third thats pretty evident so far and Clarke knows it you can tell.

He does.

1 Like

this:

1 Like

Ever the optimist, me!

Unfortunately it will only improve if we spend money, that’s my view.

Edwards , Leahy , Devlin , Dobson , Cook , Ferrier … all big earners that have left and not been replaced.

Personally I’ll stick with DC, but it’s also easy to see why fans get frustrated.

The damage inflicted on this football club by Dean Keates cannot be underestimated. Similar to Merson when we had relegation and a total reboot.

It is a new era in so many respects and DC has a track record of success.

FFS GET BEHIND HIM.

1 Like

Personally I don’t blame Keates, I blame the board for allowing it to happen.

2 Likes

I thought the general narrative was Keates was left with loads of crud, under contract, expensive players that he couldnt do anything with rather than he did most the damage himself?

And did you see how many players he brought in? Several of whom we’re now stuck with, on long contracts. That excuse was a really poor one from keates to try and hide his considerable shortcomings as a manager. I think the comment above about the damage he did being quite similar to what Merson did isn’t too far off the mark.

1 Like

Regarding Keates, he should never have been offered the job, that was a calamitous mistake by Bonser, yes he inherited crud but also bought in crud! Keates was so out of his depth in terms of man, game and technical management it was truly embarrassing, not the most eloquent speaking guy who came across lacking media skills. So summarising Keates did set us back enormously following on from the Whitney experiment, but let’s not forget the role Bonser and his board contributed to our demise during the last 10 yrs or so! I still believe DC will come good and give us hope going forward, so please stick with him.

2 Likes

Like who? Cook, Ismail, Osbourne, Ginnelly, Ferrier, Dunn, Martin and the loanees have all gone. I can only think of Gordon (who everyone keeps telling me is going to come good), Scarr (who has been very impressive at the back) and Norman left?

And you can’t say it was a really poor excuse from Keates but then moan that we are stuck with some of the rubbish he brought in.

Clarke has made upwards of 30 changes to this squad. That is more than enough for him to take responsibility for its performance.

3 Likes

Nobody is suggesting he doesn’t take responsibility for his own squad.
Just remember that at the start of October last season we were 5th.
If we’re fifth from bottom now and end up runners-up, that would be rather ironic.

Gorra loff.

It’s deja vue all over again :wink:

In ____ we trust *

___ ■■■■■■ us up*

*Insert DC/ Keates/Whitney as appropriate.

:smile:

2 Likes

I must add this to my list of stock excuses when the Mrs wants the bin took out.

“Sorry love - uncertainty due to Brexit”
“I’m watching my carbon footprint”
“You’ve got to wait for me to gel first”

2 Likes