Paul Jenkins - New Walsall E&S Reporter

Could Jenkins ask Walsall for some comment on the Johnson saga? What is happening and have they got a plan B? A bit quiet at the Bescot

Come on jenko prove your worth and earn your wage :joy:

2 Likes

When is Jenkins going to ask Flynn what the plan is with Johnson? Does Jenkins only cover the odd match or is he actually an E&S reporter?

In all fairness, MF is no Ian Holloway (thankfully!). Donā€™t think heā€™s the type of person that tells the media much about ongoing transfer activity & certainly not when WFC is in talks with another club about their player.

In the nicest way possible

Huge downgrade from Joe Edwards/Liam Keen/Joe Masi to where we are now

Reallly poor journalism IMO and is very safe in the questions he asks and stories published.

Only negative with the club at the moment for me.

5 Likes

Definitely downgrade,the only news is old news or what hes read somewhere else

2 Likes

A bit quiet at the E&S and @Jenko1970

2 Likes

Well at least he has the luxury of coming on here to try and defend himself :joy: :wink:

1 Like

How many hours does a walsall journalist work?
Greatest respect Jenko goes to a game, very little commentary during the game, a match analysis and player ratings then 1 interview after game with Walsall a week as stated above walsall donā€™t do journalist visits often
All express and star articles during the week then are simply 1 interview broken down into parts to make it last or just rewording of official news that comes from the website
Canā€™t be many hours in that job tbf unless you cover a lot more than just walsall or itā€™s unpaid

1 Like

Yeh, come on Jenko, if nothing is happening just do what most journalists do and just make something upšŸ˜

2 Likes

Nick (makeitup) Mashiter was good at that

ā€œAll quiet at the Banksā€™sā€ reveals more E&S hits than any other search in google.

Recall being told, not long after taking over the site, that Joe Masi was unhappy with some of the comments made about his coverage on UTS. I reached out to him on Twitter but he didnā€™t give the courtesy of a reply.

I think Paul has, in the very early stages of his covering the club, been very open and very brave in engaging with supporters on the forum as he learns the ropes. Perhaps cut him a little slack.

44 Likes

Agree. This guy interacts with us on our platform of choice UTS. Lots of respect to him. Keep up the good work.

10 Likes

Agree with the above. Give the bloke a chance! At least he is a Walsall fan, former ST holder and as he said in his opening post, is new to FL reporting after a long time covering non league. Iā€™d rather have someone from a Walsall supporting background than the likes of Mashitter and Masi (Norwich and Ipswich stock respectively).

3 Likes

Totally agree, I was only joking. Massive credit for engaging with the community instead of just shovelling stuff out from afar.

Maybe I should rephrase that actually as thatā€™s unfair - apologies if he comes on here and reads that. I wouldnā€™t consider it a ā€œnegativeā€ with the club but what I will say is;

Weā€™ve had the luxury of edwards and masi in particular asking challenging questions - transfer targets (if there was a rumour both would just stick it on the manager there and then) contract renewals, financial backing.

But most importantly - edwards for example would always comment on the true feelings of the supporters - even in his articles you would think at times ā€˜thatā€™s going to land him in hot waterā€™ the truth always meant more.

Thatā€™s what I mean - I think we have gone from a luxury to a whole new realm for Paul. As some of said give the bloke a chance - but I know for a fact if I didnā€™t get any feedback in my role - I would still be garbage today.

Just because a reporter posts on UTS thatā€™s not a free pass. Again - just my opinion

2 Likes

Give the guy a break, Walsall fc are a lot tighter and donā€™t let things slip like they did in the past. He could ask the same searching questions but if todays answer is now no comment or such itā€™s hard to write anything but all quiet at the Poundland .
Also he is new and it takes time to build relationships and trust
We would all love to know everything but that is not going to be happening soon
However in this case perhaps more fan involved stories, where do we need to improve sign players, fans wishes for the future etc etc might promote fan involvement and be of interest ??

3 Likes

Tbf I stopped relying on the Express and Star 20 years ago, they literally just recycle what the club releases.

Thatā€™s because Bonser controlled absolutely everything.