Peter Clarke signs

The bloke hasn’t missed a game in 3 seasons, so I don’t see why his fitness would be a problem in that regard.

3 Likes

Rather than just moaning for the sake of it… I think this is where a lot of peoples scepticism comes from.

If it works great… but seems a risk.

Should I apply as goalkeeper, now in my seventies, still OK in 5 a side, I could be the new signing that ‘makes a difference’.
Currently feel ashamed to be part of this club.

Easily pleased guys like yourself make these jokers jobs even more easy!

Walsall fans : Flynn knows what he’s doing, he’s the only hope we’ve got, he’ll bring in the players he needs

Walsall fans: What a crap signing that is. Good old smalsall. What a joke!

11 Likes

Definitely a risk, but so are all signings. Look at Fernando Torres, world beater at Liverpool, panel beater at Chelsea. Some signings work, some don’t regardless of age.

1 Like

Thought yow might say that :joy:

3 Likes

Strange one. Can’t argue with his stats and honours last season but I’m not exactly thrilled.

2 Likes

Fairly obvious isn’t it?! Do we trust Flynn, or do we not trust Flynn? If he is the manager that knows this division and knows what he needs to get us out of it, then surely this has to be a good signing?

2 Likes

“Ashamed to be part of this club “
ffs get a grip :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Maximum understatement of the day!

1 Like

Well I didn’t see that one coming!

Que?

Massive overreaction of the day

6 Likes

Not sure how reliable this website is but apparently Claridge is our oldest player at the moment at 40 years 19 days… Clarke is currently 40 years 149 days so will break that record when/if he plays for us.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-walsall/juengsteaelteste/verein/899

His stats are fantastic tbf, but I’d expect Daniels to be the leader we lacked.

You happy that we have signing a 40 y o defender…40 years old, for clips sake he makes Ward look like a young kid!

You don’t just need one. The more the better. Imagine having several players who won’t stand for sub-standard performances.

Haven’t heard that expression on here for a while :wink:

Talk about missing the point. A year on at 40 is a massive difference to the season before.