Peterborough United (H) 27th April, 3pm

I think that we will win, and i am pretty good at predicting results, just look at my standing in the prediction league :lying_face:

3 Likes

A pointless match for us.

1 Like

Typically, now it almost doesn’t matter, I think we’ll win this one, 2-1. Devlin and a late Cook goal. Just to prolong the agony to the final day, when our arch rivals will despatch us to the 4th division of with glee.

2 Likes

Without looking at the table I’m guessing a Scunthorpe win at home to Bradford and also Southend winning at Rochdale would relegate regardless of the result v Posh.

Would be hugely surprised if there wasn’t an R next to Walsall’s name on the league table at 5pm on Saturday.

That R could stand for so many things.

I’m gonna go for Rotten.

1 Like

Surely is stands for Rubbish…

I was thinking retards

1 Like

Rancid.

Could be Rent.

1 Like

We don’t know our R’s from a hole in the ground!

7-0 Walsall as the players finally realise that the biggest insult they could give the club and fans is relegation at Shrewsbury away.

3 Likes

I would play 4-2-1-3 v Posh and try to stretch the opposition by playing to the flanks rather than lumping it down the middle:

Dunn

Devlin
Scarr
Johnson
Leahy

Chambers
Edwards

Dobson

Jarvis (or Ferrier if MJ has booked his family holiday) (wide left)
Cook
Gordon (wide right)

Subs:
Roberts
Kinsella
Norman (launch the long throw in last 20)
Osbourne
Guthrie
Musa
Ishmel

Chambers?

Back in training apparently. I think he would bring a calming influence and leadership qualities. With Dobbo and Edwards doing the leg work, he can make the angles and also keep an eye on Maddison, the Posh dangerman.

Even if he is 75% fit, we only have two games left and if he can do 60 mins, we can chuck on Osbourne for a bit more height at the end.

To me, if Chambers and Kory had remained fit and Jarvis gave us 50%, along with Russell Martin being a positive influence, Keates would still have a job and Walsall would be safe.

Unfortunately, the above decisions and quirks of fate conspired to put us into the position we are in…

Ironically, Norman, Martin and Jarvis all had the Norwich connection; therefore, Keates’ logic was okay. Unfortunately, he ignored the No Nobhead policy that Dean Holden helped to implement with Deano.

And the rest, my friend, is history…

After Martins offer to players to come see him if they don’t want to play we end fielding a team consisting of Mick Kearns, MoC, Swifty and the fit bird from the ticket office. Although commitment levels are high we go down to a fighting 3-1 defeat with Swifty scoring a Beckham from the half way line for our consolation.

1 Like

If Chambers is fit he should play and captain this side. He’s as mobile as Osbourne and much better on the ball.

1 Like

I’d hope, even after a season injured, that Chambers is more mobile. Osbourne has the turning circle of a cow.

3 Likes

Interested if Chambers calls it a day end of the season or will battle on in league 2. He is 38 now and had 9 months out injured so wouldn’t blame him if he retires.

Would’ve been ideal to bring on with half an hour left when 2 up v Sunderland and Luton, those 4 points dropped look very costly now.

1 Like

It’s very sad if Chambers would be retiring in these circumstances.
His colleagues have let him down very badly and dishonour his fine service.

2 Likes

I look forward to only having to watch 17 more minutes of this dross before turning my back on the team and regime on the 18th minute