Petition to the government

signed 158617

1 Like

Signed 160002

Turnover was just a random indicator that I picked off the top of my head. It could be turnover, wages, club worth, average crowd, league position - whatever gives the ā€˜bestā€™ average distribution of money.

Thereā€™s always going to be some winners and losers, but iā€™d rather all clubs had some money/help than none at all.

ā€œI wouldnā€™t trust 'emā€

Sloppies are clearly hot under the collar about it.

I was number 165000 ish.

The number of signatories have more than doubled in 24 hours, can we get that buffoon Vallance out to do an ā€œifā€ graph for mid-October??

Many clubs now tweeting in support. Let the people that want to go to football do so, those that donā€™t want to go can pay their tv money and stop at home.

2 Likes

Up to 171,000 nowā€¦keep it going folks.get your relatives and friends to sign.

2 Likes

Signed, now 181,500

1 Like

Canā€™t see it making any difference really, given we are to expect even tighter restrictions from Monday. All this virus malarchy has done is to hasten the demise of the lower league clubs. Iā€™d guess at regional semi-professional leagues below the Premier2 within ten years.

1,300 now from people based in our 3 local constituencies.

Lowest numbers in London and Leicester.

Valerie Vaz has raised the issues of Walsall Fc and clubs generally in the HoC.She has gone up in my estimation. JRM responded by saying he understood the concerns but safety was the key factor!!!

Just had notification it will be debated in Parliament - scheduled for 9 November.

1 Like

Yeah got it too. I donā€™t think they will give it much airtime. Think itā€™s a case of sort it out yourselves. Fingers crossed though, you never knoiw I guess.

It needs somebody to make a case rather than it just appearing in the dayā€™s business.

Most parliamentarians see professional football through a Premier League/ London prism. 60,000 people on buses, trains and tubes descending on Coronation Street style neighbourhoods. Somebody needs to tell a Walsall/Bescot style story. 3,000 people spread around a ground with travel mixed between car, bus, train and foot into an area with a limited residential footprint.

3 Likes

Aye, but what about all the chanting and singing that we do, which gives Fortress Bescot such a magical and intimidating atmosphere?:joy:

2 Likes

Will they ask why it is we canā€™t get chips?

I had that notification tooā€¦lets hope that MPs representing our sort of Club will go along and speak out. Even with the latest restrictions I can see no reason why some of us cannot be admitted to a COVID secure ground.I would be willing to go and so would many more.

1 Like

I have raised with my MP the inconsistencies of not allowing football to be a spectator sport but allowing other things to happen, such as allowing cinemas to open, and letting very large crowds of people, not socially distanced, watch games inside a pub.
She replied, saying she was disappointed blah blah blah, had raised the issue with Ministerial colleagues blah blah and also pointing out that the following football activity is permitted:-

• playing football individually
  • playing football with your family
  • playing football in groups of six from different households, provided social distancing is
    maintained
  • coaching sessions outside with no more than five other people

So thatā€™s alright then. :rofl: Weā€™re in good hands. :crazy_face:

Iā€™m sure i heard on the news this morning that people were allowed into an event here in the uk? so why not football? itā€™s ludicrous

Iā€™m 197,840 - while Iā€™m not in the UK anymore, my sister is. She was so excited to be going back to Bescot and then the rug got pulled out - surely in the open air with good distance between each person or family group we could manage 3,500 a game in a 12.000 seat ground?

3 Likes