Photos of fellows park

Never stood over on that corner myself (always a Street Ender - or sat in the seats for reserve games) but the side of the stand was glazed so think that anyone stood with it in their way could see through it. And it would only be those stood in a relatively small area (far back and right next to the stand wall) that would have been affected.

I was in the Street end for the late 70s early 80’s (except when I bought a ticket off a tout for the Man City Cup match to find it was for the Laundry End!).

From what I remember the glass panels were pretty dirty!

The Laundry end. 1986

3 Likes
4 Likes

Love that the Laundry End had no roof.

Are there any roofless stands left in the football league?

Prestfield I think

1 Like

Oh yeah. Nothing to romanticise about that though. Surprised the uk open hasn’t asked for that stand back yet.

Also the side at Forrest green

2 Likes

Yes. That was a good away day last year.

1 Like

Yes I enjoyed that too

Swindon away end

2 Likes

Barrow I think.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, Think I’ll give that one a miss if it’s in the middle of winter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why do you love it ?
If the away end at Bescot had no roof you’d moan about it.

Just had character.

I think our away end should have two tiers like the home end. Have good facilities to fleece the away fans. No more faffing giving them the side of the ground.

2 Likes

Bristol Rovers is an open terrace on the side you do get seats behind the goal undercover. Newport is an open terrace if I remember rightly, although I’d had a few drinkies that game. Swindon has an open end with no seats but other than the day we won the title there away fans have been in the seats on the side the last 5 or 6 times I have been there.

2 Likes

And a fairly open dressing room apparently :rofl:

7 Likes

I’m saying nothing :grinning:

1 Like

Remember that game . Two nil down and drew 2-2

I thought we won 2-1, last minute penalty Gary Shaw