PJT v Cheltenham 20/9/22

How predictable.

I though he played quite well but faded second half. Commentators, who hadnā€™t seen him before, said he was impressed too, got about the pitch, wanted to pick up the ball and make things happen.

1 Like

Please tell me Gordon is a Lwb and not a Rwb ? He looks predominately a right footer.

Yeah I wouldnā€™t disagree. Not sure if my pal noticed but he was playing far deeper than Earing tonight, more in the Comley role and I felt it looked far better that recent games as I thought Kinsella and Earing were decent too.

How many of those were week one? Asking for a friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™d expect our attacking mid to be top of those stats. Whether heā€™s been doing it effectively for his position is a different question. Not everything is stats :+1:t3:

At last someone who seems to have watched the game. It was a spirited performance and deserved at least a draw.

Evans was back to form and, despite what others are saying, White had a good game - all the danger was on the other flank where Bennett was out of position. Nice to see Knowles back fit and to see Gordon come on (and yet some people are already writing him off after a 15 minute cameo after weeks out). Kinsella did well.

Lots of buzz up front and our press caused them any amount of trouble.

If we play like this on Saturday, it will be a win at last, although Flynn has a selection problem in midfield, with Earing making his case strongly tonight.

1 Like

Midfield played well tonight overall. The biggest issue that tonight magnified was that if you take DJ out of picture the rest of the forward line is absolutely shit. It is absolutely shocking. How DJT, Gashman, and Abrahams have made it to be professional footballers is beyond belief.

If ever DJ gets injured we are screwed. I just hope that they have a good replacement lined up in January because he will be off somewhere for more money than we can pay him or Manfield in transfer fees.

2 Likes

Good fight back in the 2nd half, DJ scored with basically his first kick of the game, we desperately tried to equalize but it just wasnā€™t meant to be.
Good performances by Earing, Hutchinson, Clarke and Bennett, there were certainly positives from the game. We played a L1 side away from home and gave them plenty of problems, had the referee been on his game (miles from it) the result would have been in our favour.
I agree with @Bags10 last sentence for the Tranmere game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HarryyWFC/status/1572287163298889728

Notice their keepers reaction, how he stays on the floor pretty much waiting for a whistle to be blown :rofl:

1 Like

Haha every week.

Laughable. Pathetic. Maybe look at themsleves once in a while, nope, untouchable :roll_eyes:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1572287110287331334/pu/vid/480x270/lWeO7g4EQ8zkBTbs.mp4?tag=12

But he hasnā€™t been playing attacking CM. I reckon heā€™s actually played deeper more often than not last few games.

The thing is with effectiveness, is you are relying on someone making the most of the chancesā€¦heā€™s too of Walsall stars for that too - by almost double the man in 2nd - (heā€™s 4th in the entire division for chances created btw)ā€¦and all weā€™ve done is moan about the standard of our forwardsā€¦ā€¦

I think youā€™re picking on a problem that isnā€™t the actual problem.

Yeah, he has :+1:t3:

Earing has to start on Sat, in fact I would keep the same midfield, although if we play 3 CBs with Gordon and Bennett at WBs then that leaves two places for three, unless we donā€™t play knowles and have Williams and DJ up top.

I donā€™t see the problem. All three were miles better than what Comley has been and Hutchinson and Earing interchange and rotate as required making us much more fluid.

1 Like

Despite anither loss more positives from tonights performance, goid ti see Gordon fit,Earing playing 90 mins and DJ back on scoresheet

1 Like

Nevermind Kinsella we would vastly improve without Comley.

If itā€™s any consolation, its the least worried Iā€™ve been after 10 games without a winā€¦!

Some very poor individual performances, periods and halves of games where weā€™ve looked dire, and questionable tactics; interspersed with flashes of what could be a decent side with players who look better than what weā€™ve had over the last few seasons.

Concerning, yep, but the fact itā€™s taken a lot of us by surprise gives me a tad more hope than usual.

How is that not a penalty :joy::joy:

3 Likes

No he hasnā€™t.