PJT v Cheltenham 20/9/22

I used to think I was shit at my job…

1 Like

All I can think is he must have thought the goalie got a hand to the ball, which he didn’t and once again cost us.

I said exactly the same to Manda mate from that clip it looks absolutely stone wall.

1 Like

I mean, that’s just clearly untrue :joy: I’m not going to go back and forwards on it, you’re clearly changing a narrative to fit your point so have nothing else to say on it.

I wouldn’t say Hutchinson was attaching mid tonight, definitely played deeper than Earring.

No, I think the ref thought Earing had dived. The second one was not shown on replay but it looked almost as clear-cut.

Earing did play well but he should have done better with a couple of shots. The one in the first half was similar to their second goal but he missed the target,

I’m not talking about tonight, I was talking about to this point this season.

Since the Hartlepool game he’s been horrendous as an attacking mid, which is where he’s been played.

Maybe he is better Centre mid if there was an improvement this evening.

He played deep tonight. He played right mid Saturday. He was more advanced v Colchester, didn’t play v Bradford, he was at the base of a diamond v West Ham, didn’t play v Grimsby, was alongside Earing deeper v Charlton and Swindon, didn’t play against Gillingham……in my eyes that’s more often deeper than not, more recently.

1 Like

I take it you didn’t watch?

Would you forgive him those on the basis he’s probably rusty and has performed quite well considering he hasn’t had game time? Or were they ones he really should have at least got on target? I haven’t watched it and I’m not being an arse or anything it’s a genuine question.

That’s why I said “hasn’t been”. As in too this point.

I’d still say he was pushed on Saturday into an attacking midfield role. More of 4-2-2-2.

I don’t bother with the reserve experiments in the JPT so didn’t see the West Ham game.

And was definitely attacking Mid Newport and Hartlepool.

I’m my eyes that attacking mid more often than not, (and why I asked you how many of those runs were week one).

If you’d waited for my response instead of bombarding, you’d know I hadn’t and why it’s irrelevant to my point :+1:t3:

I’m disappointed, but not because of the result of this game, but the general direction where we are going. All that enthusiasm fizzled out and the team looks like having some problem sewn deep inside. Probably very hard to fix it now, but I hope it will be better soon.

1 Like

And if you’d read mine you’d know I said ‘recently’ and you’d acknowledge the list of games I consider recent demonstrate that.

There’s the full quote for you seeing as you only read the first sentence :joy:

The ones you hand chose, yeah. It’s September, they’re all recent! :joy:

I went back chronologically

1 Like

Didn’t see the game only heard it on WM but going on that clip .

I watched the last half hour and we did ok, but of course we were chasing a 2-0 deficit.
Johnson’s finish was tremendous for this level. James-Taylor’s attempt at a finish was pub level.
Our delivery into the box was woeful, most of the time, as it has been for much of the season.

5 Likes

Midfield looked a lot better tonight Earing did well let’s hope he sticks with that on Saturday however our forwards are dogshit apart from Johnson. Williams shouldn’t be starting but he is because the likes of Cashman Abraham and Douglas Taylor are even worse.Williams is best suited these days coming off the bench for the last 15 minutes lets hope Exeter don’t keep Harry Smith and we can get him in January instead we need a focal point upfront its been obvious for weeks as soon as we get into the final third we go to pieces

1 Like

Either way and wherever you or I think he’s been playing, he’s in a side that is among the lowest scorers and least creative in the divsion yet leads the squad on chances created, ball carries, ball carry distance, chances created from ball carries, key passes following a ball carry and is 4th in league 2 for chances created in open play….

It’s not great and we’d all like Hartlepool every week…including DJ, but if we stop comparing to that game there have been some more promising moments. For all.