Player of the Season?

Leahy simply to massively upset neurology. :laughing::thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Cook albeit heā€™s only been average overall. A few great games, plenty of ineffective ones.

Shows how rubbish weā€™ve been.

Actually, iā€™ll go Kinsella then Cook.

1 Like

Dobson for me despite a poor middle of season with Kinsella as a close second who was surprisingly left out for some key games.

Well to be fair i couldnā€™t pick one on the basis that i have only seen about 5 games all season, but on being part of this forum, and what i HAVE seen then i would pick either cookey for stepping up to our league and scoring some great goals, or Kinsella for his sheer effort. reminds me of Deano for that, i hope he doesnā€™t come back to manage us in another 15 years :grin:

1 Like

Leahy for sure. :grinning:

1 Like

Surprised thereā€™s been so few mentioned Roberts.

I know heā€™s had a few dodgy moments but kept us in many games and stopped other games turning into a cricket score. Not been easy for him either with the clueless defence weā€™ve had for half the season.

With you on that

He has saved as many points as Cook has won us

Got to disagree with that. I canā€™t think of many games we would have lost only for Roberts too pull it out of the bag.

He was dreadful for a very long part of the middle of the season and also isnā€™t blameless for our defensive frailties and organisation.

2 Likes

Definitely should be Mrs Morris, greatest moment of entertainment this season

6 Likes

Agree, he is over rated.

In goalkeeping terms he is very young and inexperienced. But definitely worth persevering with in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and he has his good moments. But player of the season this year? He wouldnā€™t make my top 5 and itā€™s not exactly been a good year.

1 Like

I can think of many good saves he has made this season.
He did have a poor run after Christmas, but so have many others.

Donā€™t buy into the Cook being a shoe in so thinking of alternatives.

I wouldnā€™t be starting him at the minute, so difficult to support him as player of the year

Thatā€™s kind of par for the course though as a keeper. You expect a few good saves. I can also think of many many times he should have done much better.

He has to take his share of the blame for our defence as well, the keeper is a key organiser.

Nah itā€™s not. Head and shoulders and itā€™s not even close. Literally nobody else bar maaaaaaybe Kinsella has performed at the required level this season. Heā€™s the best of a bad bunch.

Is for me. You can call it the way you seee it, thatā€™s your choice.

Why though? I genuinely canā€™t see why it would be ā€œso difficult to support him as player of the yearā€ for anybody, even if you donā€™t think he shouldnā€™t win it. Heā€™s quite obviously been one of our better (best) performers over the course of the season.

On a personal note, Iā€™m not a massive fan of the type of football that needs to be played to accommodate that type of player and also if he isnā€™t featuring at the business end then I am tempted to look elsewhere.

He was a bit ropey early in in the season as well, blowing out of his arse after an hour and scowling at his team mates if he didnā€™t get all his own way.

Had s good spell mid season though.

Bit unfair. Itā€™s not his fault (and I donā€™t actually think it is the best way to get him firing) to just fling the ball up to him and hope it sticks. Heā€™s actually very neat in build up play when actually given the chance and ideally doesnā€™t touch the ball until the opponents third.

But thatā€™s irrelevant to his performance anyway because if itā€™s a style issue then the whole team has been playing that way anyway :man_shrugging:

As for him being a bit ropey earlier in the season he still managed 4 in his first 10. Hardly poor, blowing or not. Thereā€™s isnā€™t a player in this team that hasnā€™t had a ā€œpoorā€ spell.

1st - Cook
2nd _ Kinsella
Dobson - No, for all the good work he does, he loses the ball too often.
L. Roberts - getting better, but at fault for a lot of goals, Sunderland for example
Devlin, an outsider and a good captain option

Young Player , does Kinsella come in this category? If no, L Roberts?

Very unfair. Tranmere didnā€™t have to lump it up all game when they had Cook. Blame management and/or players for going for the easy hoofing it away so itā€™s no longer my problem attitude.

Look at his goals for Tranmere on YouTube. Plenty with his feet, and they were impressive goals too with really good footwork.

1 Like