Player of the Season?

Is photo ID necessary?
I have a bus pass & passport but some of our younger supporters might be disenfranchised

3 Likes

I just sent a quick email to Ray Dale and all sorted :+1:t2:

1 Like

Please stop goading me x

1 Like

Even if you could vote for DJ or Bennet, why would anyone?

It’s player of the SEASON isnt it?

My feeling is always no 1 criteria for winning that, would be, first and foremost :-

Did they stay the whole season!

Then id be looking at who impacted more games than anyone else

Personally speaking only I find it quite disrespectful to players who’ve seen every up and down and been through all the thick and thin, if you vote for someone who didn’t.

Imagine players voting for a fan of the year and choosing someone who only came to home games against the biggest clubs? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Then why is Jackson Smith up for Young Player of the Year? :laughing:

1 Like

Very true!! Hadn’t even considered that. Shortage of candidates I guess :joy::joy:

You have set yourself up now :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Abraham for me

Padula won when he didn’t play his first game until mid November. It’s for who someone thinks has been the best player, irrespective of how many games he’s played.
Smith hasn’t played a single minute has he, but I could vote for him but not for Bennett or Johnson.

2 Likes

Club making their own rules up, feck em just don’t vote
Sham

The campaign begins. #winsella

4 Likes

Thought you’d have gone Kinsella.

1 Like

But he was at the club all season.

I understand the Smith thing is odd, I guess they will explain that by him being a current squad member?

But for me, DJ if he’d continued the way he was playing he’d have been a shoe in but he also may have got injured or he may have been quite dreadful in the second half of the season anyway…you can’t tell so you have to rule him out because he plays for Mansfield :joy::joy: it’s really simply when you consider that surely?

If I can’t do dj
Hutch and hutch

1 Like

Easy choice Andy Williams and Timmy Abraham.

2 Likes

Flynn Clarke for Players’ Player.

2 Likes

Williams and Makuna for teh win!!

1 Like

No he wasn’t.

1 Like

He wasn’t, not until November.
I would vote for DJ and LB if I could, the season has been rubbish for the last few weeks, which might or might not be related to them leaving.
I’m not that bothered, I remember very few of the winners, the last I could say with any certainty is Ian Roper in 02-03. I could probably make a reasonable guess at some. I think Kinsella has won recently, maybe more than once, but I don’t take much notice, although I usually remember who I thought was best.
You say DJ might have been dreadful in the second half of the season, well he’d have fit in nicely then. :smile:

2 Likes

As in he was a part of the squad through to the end of the season, which is what they’re saying is the criteria now.